Prospa is passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date, we’ve helped over 19,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in it's rapidly growing team, currently 250 strong.
Our people are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers – We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
Be Bold, Open and Real – Have the courage to take smart risks.
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
You will be an outstanding, passionate people leader with an engineering background keen on encouraging and developing high performing, diverse engineering teams. This is going to be a fun, fast-paced and exciting role that will bring a new dynamic to our agile way of working. Are you up for the challenge?
As our Engineering Manager, you will report to our forward-thinking head of Engineering and have the responsibility to grow and lead our engineers. Being in the driving seat of Prospa's tech strategy and roadmap your challenges will include understanding priorities, reducing distractions and keeping us awesome. Your success at Prospa will be realized in your efforts and how well your team meets their goals.
Being part of our Prospa family means every day you’ll be surrounded by people who are brilliantly curious and who enjoy change. We challenge ourselves and offer rewarding roles across a range of areas in FinTech. You will work with a team of passionate engineers to solve interesting problems that make a difference in the lives of real people. This role will provide an opportunity to develop your skills further and grow your career by learning and teaching in a true growth-minded environment.
What you will do
- Support and lead your team of software engineers, some of whom will be distributed in global locations.
- Guide the team in honing the best software development practices, technical design and implementation to be successful.
- Be a mentor. You will spend much more time reading code than writing it. You will identify the strengths of the individual developers and develop the team to play to those strengths.
- Be responsible for delivery and implementation of projects, using Agile methodologies and attitude.
- Have full ownership of bringing the best global engineering talent to your team.
- Collaborate across Prospa to understand our customer and business requirements and translate them into technical needs and actions.
- Be the champion voice of the customer through a collection of metrics across the learning of design and product assumptions.
- Keep abreast of technology changes whilst keeping Prospa on the leading edge of the landscape.
- Champion our diversity, inclusion and people initiatives to ensure we have the best talent and allow your team to bring their full selves to work.
- An outstanding People leader, who has in-depth technical background.
- Proven capabilities in the areas of critical thinking, partner engagement and decision-making.
- Strong mentoring skills to grow and develop a team of engineers.
- Natural Influencer who will be collaborating with Product managers, tech leaders to navigate the conversations in the right direction by asking the right questions to enable the developers to stay focussed.
- Compassionate leader who can identify and relate to the team's emotional and intelligence quotient and play the strengths to their success.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience.
- 1+ years Leading Software Engineers in a product/technology company.
Your Tech Knowledge
- Good Knowledge of JAVA, .NET or ReactJS required
- Agile principles eg (Scrum, Kanban, XP), TDD, BDD
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Delivery
- Cloud-based development in AWS or Azure, preferably in PaaS
- Git + Workflows to support code review and release of software
- Architectural patterns with exposure to a product that contained either Microservices, Message-Based Architecture, Event-Based Architecture, CQRS and Event Sourcing
What is in for you
- Regular employee awards throughout the year
- Engagement programs including massages, meditation, lunches, doona days & beach days
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working culture
- Fun celebrations throughout the year for our diverse prosperians
- Study Assistance Program
- Engineering teams have a discretionary training budget to invest in their learning and development needs at any given point of time.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognize & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people with the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate based on race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect, CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time