Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date we’ve helped over 19,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1.2 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently 250 strong.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
Reporting into the Credit Team Leader you will be responsible for evaluating the credit worthiness of Prospa loan applicants primarily in our large ticket space (Prospa Plus) to determine their credit worthiness. You will utilise your considerable industry knowledge, commerciality & financial prowess to write business within Prospa’s risk appetite. This is a details focused role that will see you engaging with senior leaders across the business.
- Coordinating the underwriting of new and existing business loan applications.
- Provide analysis of customer financial statements
- Prepare financial statement spreads and servicing analysis statement
- Present deals to Credit committee with strong views and data on proposed outcome of deal
- Provide an independent and comprehensive opinion on the proposed risks and provide concrete propositions or recommendations on deals presented
- Review credit reports and background reports to determine degree of risk involved with providing small business loans.
- Analyse bank statements and business financial reports.
- Conduct phone interview with loan applicant.
- Document paperwork and relay information to inside funding representatives.
- Recommending approval or decline based on specific criteria and stipulations.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 5 years underwriting / Credit analyst experience required
- Advanced understanding of financials (P&L, balance sheets, AR & AP) and how to structure commercial deals
- Experienced in credit calls to customers to understand their business model, cash flow and overall strength of the applying entity
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field looked upon favourably
- Experienced in complex commercial structures
- Previously held a DLA (delegated lending authority) of $100k minimum
- Experience in small business lending is helpful but not necessary
- Familiarity with personal and company credit reports, ASIC searches, and other various background information.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organised and ability to follow processes
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact professionally with management, sales, and business owners.
- Experience in a high-pressured environment working to deadlines.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time