Prospa receives access to Federal Government’s SME Guarantee Scheme to support thousands of small businesses
- Welcomes Government’s ongoing support for SMEs
- Enables Prospa to deliver funding for thousands of small businesses
- Prospa is uniquely suited to distribute essential working capital to the small business economy
Prospa Group Limited (ASX: PGL) (“Prospa” or “Company”) is pleased to announce it has received access to Federal Government’s Coronavirus SME Guarantee Scheme (“Scheme”) to help small businesses deal with the impact of COVID-19 over the next six months.
The Scheme is designed to support smaller businesses who are considered by the lender as being viable in the longer-term. The Scheme provides selected lenders, including Prospa, with a government-backed guarantee of 50 per cent against the outstanding facility balance of eligible products.
Prospa has received an allocation of up to $223 million under the Scheme, which can be applied to all eligible new lines of credit and loans issued by Prospa between 14 April 2020 and 30 September 2020.
This guarantee allows Prospa to provide eligible small businesses with:
- Access to up to $250,000 in unsecured funding for up to 3 years, quickly and easily, with no upfront fees; and
- A 6-month repayment holiday with interest to be capitalised at the end of the 6-month period.
Stands ready to distribute essential working capital
As Australia’s leading online lender to small business, Prospa is uniquely placed to implement the Government’s initiative. The Company will continue to lend responsibly.
Greg Moshal, CEO of Prospa said:
“It’s fantastic to see the Government understands what small businesses need right now to survive. Prospa has always focused on small businesses and access to this Scheme will empower us to support thousands of small businesses during this difficult time.
“The more access small businesses have to working capital, the better it is for the economy.
“The Government’s response has been swift and considered, and we look forward to doing our part in providing essential funding to the small business community.”
About the Scheme
More information can be found on the Treasury website: https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/sme-guarantee-scheme
For further information contact:
Group Head of Corporate Relations
e: [email protected]
e: [email protected]
- Prospa provides cash flow products and services that allow small businesses to prosper
- Prospa has originated over $1.4 billion in loans to date across Australia and New Zealand
- Prospa has 26,900 small business customers
- Prospa has a Net Promoter Score in excess of +77 and is ranked #1 in the non-bank financial services provider category in Australia and New Zealand on independent review site TrustPilot
- Prospa is recognised as a 2019 Great Place to Work and was awarded AON Hewitt Employer of Choice in 2017 and 2018
- In 2018 and 2019 Prospa won Australian Fintech Lender of the Year, and achieved a clean sweep of the MFAA Excellence awards in all five States
Prospa partners with Trace to kick start its environmental action plan
Prospa, Australia and New Zealand’s leading online lender to small business, has partnered with Trace, a Sydney-based climate tech startup, to measure, reduce and offset its carbon emissions as part of its journey to Net Zero emissions. Trace measures an organisations’ carbon emissions against the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol, which is the global best practice
FINNIES 2023 awards success
Prospa wins ‘Excellence in Business Lending’ award and is named a finalist for ‘Best in Diversity’ award at the FINNIES 2023.