Prospa is motivated by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers - where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date we’ve helped over 12,000 small business customers across Australia with over $500 million in small business loans. This is why Prospa is Australia’s #1 online lender to small business.
Prospa is growing and therefore so is our legal team. This role will see you reporting to the General Counsel whilst interacting with all areas across our business. You're the first point of contact for legal inquiries and work closely with different teams, therefore outstanding partner management and relationship building skills will be highly beneficial.
You will want to waste no time in getting up to speed in the role and be an independent, hard worker. Your extraordinary organisational skills and ability to prioritise whilst delivering projects with deadline pressure excites you.
Experience in-house will be advantageous.
The key activities include:
- Responsibility for maintaining a central repository of executed contracts entered into by Prospa
- Preparation and review of NDAs, Deeds of Release (PPSR), marketing materials and other documents as requested by General Counsel.
- Maintenance of our Privacy and Credit consent policies.
- Assistance with ongoing compliance obligations.
- Work with our Collections team, to provide assistance in debt collection.
- Working with our Settlements team, to maintain security interests for all Prospa loans
- You will ensure that you meet all legal and regulatory / good practice requirements and all legal data you collect at the loan level basis can then be reported on.
- Day to day maintenance of Prospa’s Long Term Incentive (LTI) scheme, including: Drafting offers, Collecting acceptances, Updating the unit register and ASIC
- Work with the Finance team to ensure timely reporting to APRA
- Administrative assistance in relation to company secretarial services, including drafting board packs, resolutions, assistance with AGM preparation.
- Preparation and delivery of legal induction programs.
This successful individual
- You ideally 3-5 years post admission experience within a top tier, or mid tier private practice across commercial law.
- You will be passionate, dynamic, self-motivated who enjoys working in a high performing, dynamic environment
- You are an Australian qualified lawyer with solid general commercial experience from a combination of a top-tier or large mid-tier firm and in-house experience
- You have extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide concise, commercial and practical legal advice to senior internal partners
- You're an experienced drafter who is capable of managing, negotiating and documenting a variety of contractual arrangements
- You are organised and able to prioritise and deliver on numerous projects at a time under deadline pressure and will be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
This is a full time role, however we will consider flexible working arrangements, including the possibility of a 4 day per week or 9 day per fortnight option.
Just some of the things that we can offer you:
- We have a collaborative workplace, that will both challenge you and recognise your achievements
- We offer the rare opportunity to shape and contribute to a flourishing business
- We are a highly engaged team with excellent perks and awesome work space
All Prospa employees are expected to demonstrate behaviours that support the Prospa culture, values and code of conduct. Compliance with the relevant legislation including WH&S, & Anti- Discrimination Act.