Business Operations Division
Prospa is Australia's leading online lender to small business and committed to helping small business owners access the funds they need to grow. Prospa prides itself on its people and with a team dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding our customer expectations. Our people enable us to deliver on this through their diversity, skills and energy.
About the Role
Prospa is growing and and so is the legal team. Legal Counsel will report to General Counsel and will interact with all areas of the business, so great personal skills are a must. You will need to hit the ground running and be an independent, hard worker. You must be organised and able to prioritise and deliver on numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure and will be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment. Experience in-house is preferred.
Your responsibilities will grow with the role and currently include:
- Responding to day to day legal inquiries from Prospa’s business units (and escalating matters to General Counsel as required)
- Maintaining a central repository of executed contracts entered into by Prospa
- Preparation and review of NDAs, Deeds of Release (PPSR), marketing materials and other documents as requested by General Counsel.
- Maintenance of Privacy and Credit consent policies, oversight of data breach obligations.
- Assistance in relation to ongoing compliance obligations.
- Working with Prospa’s Collections team, as required, to provide assistance in relation to debt collection.
- Working with Prospa’s Settlements team, as required, to maintain security interests in relation to Prospa loans
- Day to day maintenance of Prospa’s Long Term Incentive scheme, including:
- Drafting offers
- Collecting acceptances
- Updating the register and ASIC
- Working with the Finance team to ensure timely reporting to APRA
- Administrative assistance in relation to company secretarial services, including drafting board packs, resolutions, assistance with AGM preparation.
- Preparation and delivery of legal induction programs.
You will be an Australian qualified lawyer with 5-6 years post admission experience within a top tier, or mid tier private practice across commercial law. Candidates who have also moved into an in-house commercial legal counsel role in their career will be preferred for this role.
This is a full time role, however we will consider flexible working arrangements, including the possibility of a 4 day per week or 9 day per fortnight option.