Business Operations Division
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date we’ve helped over 18,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently 250 strong.
This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers – We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
5* Trustpilot Customer Rating (9.8/10)
Be Bold, Open and Real – Have the courage to take smart risks.
Winner – 2017 FinTech Australia ‘Finnie’ Award for ‘Best Leaders’
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Winner – 2018 Financial Times High-Growth Companies (Asia Pacific)
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Winner – 2015 Deloitte Tech Fast 50 (Almost 7000% growth in three years)
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
Winner – 2017 Fintech Business Awards ‘Lending Innovator’
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
4.6* Glassdoor Staff Happiness Rating & 2018 Aon Best Employer
- Assist in ensuring that the Half Year End review is completed within Board directed deadlines.
- Facilitate information requests from external auditors and support the GFC in managing the HY review process.
- Ensuring Accounting standards and policies are adhered to.
- Responsible for financial report preparation in collaboration with outsource partner.
- Other ad hoc Financial Control team initiatives.
Role responsibilities include:
- Timely and accurate delivery on all responsibility components.
- Supporting the CFO and GFC with AASB 9 transition and provisioning policy.
- Preparation of technical accounting management papers according to AASB (or IFRS) standards as required and provision of related technical advice to CFO and GFC.
- Ensuring correct accounting treatment for technical matters, for example:
- Hedge accounting;
- Complex financial instruments;
- AASB 9 transition; and
- Make Good provisioning
- Liaison with external auditors.
- Preparation of tax and deferred tax accounting and reconciliations.
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing financial report model.
- Collation of financial report tie out data supporting financial reports.
- Review of financial reports as produced by outsource partner and facilitate auditor feedback update.
- Supporting the Financial Control team with ad hoc accounting or operational matters.
- On completion of the HY review, facilitation of retrospective meetings and provision of recommended areas for improvement.
- Advising the CFO and GFC on accounting treatment for new products and preparation of related management papers.
Your Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- CA / CPA qualified.
- Previous experience in audit, ideally Big 4.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in Accounting.
- Financial services and banking experience will be highly regarded.
- Strong technical accounting understanding.
- Communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated experience of high levels of attention to detail is essential.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time