Business Operations Division
The key focus of the role will be to foster and maintain strong relationships to create a continuity of business via each key partner. The aim will be to motivate and train partners to achieve strong growth results within a territory. The Business Development Manager will work closely with both established partners coupled with a mandate to create new relationships capable to producing business referrals.
- Qualify, on-board and maintain relationships with key partner businesses
- Implement a strategic plan to engage partners to refer business and deliver territory sales volumes
- Ability to build quality Strategic Account Plans
- Engage partnerships in order to build market awareness and referral opportunities
- Ensure best practice sales and marketing execution is adhered to across the channel
- Identify and win new referral partnerships across multiple industries
- Work closely with external State Managers to identify, engage and build business referrals in order to achieve territory sales volumes and KPIs
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Job Specific Skills:
- 2 years’ experience working within a channel sales role
- A proven capability to manage a defined territory of key accounts to meet and exceed budget
- Proven ability to identify, contact and partner with target referral market
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A consultative approach to selling
- Experience with selling and supporting the finance broker market (would be very advantageous)
- Experience in managing and growing channel partnerships (exceptional training and engagement capability)
- Excellent relationship building skills with an engaging personality
- Ability to be recognised as a valued business supporter and partner
- Strong business acumen and a keen understanding of the key motivators for business owners within the SME marketplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focuses on the Customer: Ability to build trust and respect with customers and channel partners
- Excellent communications and presentation skills: Ability to establish immediate rapport with partners, customers and related industry representatives and become a trusted advisor
- Results Driven Self-starter: Exemplary organisational skills coupled with a high degree of attention to detail and a proactive “can-do” attitude.
- Executes Perfectly & Takes Accountability for Actions: Excellent at executing agreed decisions without undue delay. Takes responsibility for own actions or decisions, regardless of outcomes or success.
- Fosters Teamwork, Collaboration & Respect for Others: Seeks and values diverse contributions, experiences and ideas of others. Flexible team player who thrives in fast-paced environments and is able to work autonomously.
- The Australian SME markets
- Channel structures and selling product/services to channel partners
- The financial services market structure (lenders, aggregators, brokers)
- An understanding of the common forms of business finance available in market