Business Operations Division
Prospa is Australia's leading online lender to small businesses and committed to helping small business owners access the funds they need to grow. Prospa prides itself on its people and has a highly-engaged team dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding our customer expectations.
Our people enable us to deliver on this to our customers through their diversity, skills and energy. The Prospa values of Fairness, Great Decision Making, Partnerships and Thinking Differently inform what we do and how we act every day.
The Credit & Risk team is responsible for measuring, monitoring and controlling risks originating from the business. Key focus areas of the Credit & Risk team are: Building sophisticated risk rating systems for credit underwriting, pro-active portfolio management, credit risk reporting and audit.
This is a new role and will be working with the Head of Data & Head of Risk. Automated & scalable credit decisions is one of Prospa’s core IP and the ability to build financial profiles from textual data is one of its chief components. We are looking for extraordinary talent who can continuously improve the accuracy with which we comprehend the financial profiles of our customers based on the huge amounts of textual data.
What experience and skills you need:
- You will have Degree in computer science
- Advanced Degree in Text Mining / Machine Learning / Data Mining
- 3-5 years industry experience
- You are familiar with BI or visualisation tools including Tableau
- You have Demonstrable experience working with large data sets including text data sets
- Proven experience in building business applications from analysing text data using statistical, NLP and Machine Learning techniques
Key activities include:
- Coding and application development using Data Science technologies like R or Python Data Science libraries
- Slicing and dicing large data sets including text
- Conceptualise solutions and improve pattern recognition and information extraction from large text & numeric data sets
- Present complex concepts in an effective visual medium for partners buy in
- Being able to develop and deploy new or un-proven approaches to solve text analytics related problems
- Being able to provide benchmarks / guidelines around accuracy of information derived from text mining
What we offer you:
- A collaborative workplace, that will both challenge you and recognize your achievements
- A rare opportunity to shape and contribute to a flourishing business
- A highly-engaged team with great perks and work space
- Fantastic opportunity to be a part of the Credit Risk Data Mart Project
- Above all, you are adaptable and eager to work in a dynamic environment.
If you can see yourself in this role and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of Prospa, then please apply now