We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As the Credit Analyst you will be responsible for evaluating data of applicants primarily to determine their credit worthiness. You will utilise your industry knowledge, commerciality & financial prowess to write business within Prospa’s risk appetite. You will be working closely with our customers and our sales teams to assess each application thoroughly to achieve the best outcome for the customer.
What you will be doing
- Coordinating the underwriting of new and existing business funding applications
- Provide analysis of customer financial statements
- Provide an independent and comprehensive opinion on the proposed risks and provide concrete propositions or recommendations on deals presented
- Review credit reports and background reports to determine degree of risk involved with providing small business loans
- Analyse bank statements and business financial reports
- Recommending approval or decline based on specific criteria and stipulations
What you’ll need to succeed
- Underwriting / Credit analyst experience a strong plus
- Experience in small business lending is helpful but not necessary
- Familiarity with personal and company credit reports, ASIC searches, and other various background information.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally with management, sales, and business owners.
- Financial statements analysis (profit & loss, balance sheet, tax documents)
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- A highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working
- Seasonal programs (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts…)
- Team and companywide social events
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities & study assistance
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Be a master of your own destiny. Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?