Business Operations Division
Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers - where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date we’ve helped over 12,000 small business customers across Australia with over $500 million in small business loans. This is why Prospa is Australia’s #1 online lender to small business.
You will be responsible for maintaining, growing and leveraging key relationships from existing partners and have an accountability for a specific territory budget.
As part of the National Sales team within Prospa, you'll be based at the Sydney HQ. The role will be an internal sales role but will work externally within the designated territory approximately 10% of the time.
The key focus is to foster and maintain strong working relationships to generate regular business referrals from each key partner. You'll work collaboratively with established partners within a designated territory and be part of a state/territory team who are accountable for building long-standing partnerships that are mutually beneficial and in turn, achieve revenue targets for both parties.
Key responsibilities will include;
- To maintain relationships with intermediary partners within region
- Implement strategic plans to engage partners to refer business and deliver territory sales volumes
- Engage partnerships to build market awareness and referral opportunities
- Ensure best practice sales and marketing execution is adhered to across the territory
- Present the business value proposition to stimulate regular deal opportunities
- Work closely with an external State Manager and/ or external account manager to identify, engage and build business referrals in order to achieve KPIs
- Ability to grow partner referrals by articulating the ‘partner evolution’ and progressing mutually beneficial relationships
- Provide management with regular sales pipeline updates
- Ability to effectively overcome customer and partner objections and the ability to train others to do the same, enabling them to acquire new business
- Ability to articulate Prospa’s value proposition to all targeted business types (retail, commercial, trades etc)
- Maintain accurate information in Prospa's company CRM system
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
What we are looking for in our Account Manager:
- Minimum one years’ experience working within a channel sales role
- A proven capability to lead a defined territory of key accounts to meet and exceed budget
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A consultative approach to selling
- Experience with selling and supporting the finance broker market (would be very advantageous)
- Experience in managing and growing channel partnerships (exceptional training and engagement capability – would be advantageous)
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to be recognised as a valued business supporter and partner
- Strong business acumen and a keen understanding of the key motivators for business owners within the SME marketplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer you
- A collaborative workplace, that will both challenge you and recognise your achievements
- A unique opportunity to shape and contribute to a flourishing business
- A highly engaged team with great perks and work space
We have an energising, supportive and collaborative culture and we're looking for great people to be part of our journey. You'll be given excellent training and development opportunities, great perks and competitive salary, and an opportunity to be involved in one of Australia's fastest growing companies.