Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small businesses in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently over 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join us, one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture.
We are driven by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019!
At Prospa, we use deep understanding of user behavior, advanced data analytics and an experimentation culture to create innovative products that keeps small businesses moving. Product Managers at Prospa own critical areas of the product offering and are critical in the success of Prospa as a brand and business.
As the Technical Product Manager, Platform you will work closely with Engineering, the broader Product team, and cross functional teams to bring platform and shared services to life. You will bridge the technical and business worlds. You will need the ability to break down complex problems into smaller chunks and use your ability to translate between technical and non-technical audiences to drive product and shared services development.
Your work will enable effective technology and wider-business operations by facilitating thoughtful and intuitive platform & shared services. You will drive development for a range of services such as identity, notifications, contract management and finance back office tools, as well as acting as the Product lead on our technology infrastructure and replatforming work. This role is a crucial partner to Product and Engineering teams, and will be a key contributor to Prospa’s technology strategy.
What you will be doing
- Work with Product, Engineering and cross-functional stakeholders to understand business goals, user problems, business metrics and strategy.
- Define and own the Platform and Shared Services strategy and road map.
- Own the prioritised backlog of work and manage prioritisation decisions in consultation with Product, Engineering and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Engineering leads to manage technical projects, track progress towards milestones, and keep tabs on all the moving parts of agile planning and development cycles.
- Work with engineers to build and launch new capabilities and platform features as well as optimize existing features.
- Review technology performance and manage upgrades and feature releases.
- Review and maintain platform technology policies and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5+ years in a technical product management role, ideally working with infrastructure as a service and/or API as a service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Skilled at understanding distributed systems, and working with business and technical stakeholders to improve and evolve them.
- Skilled at documenting existing processes and translating needs into technical designs.
- Ability to learn and use technical data analysis tools.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy, and the ability to balance short and long term needs to inform prioritisation decisions.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to fluently translate between technical and non-technical audiences, including C-level stakeholders.
What's nice to have
- Financial technology development experience; familiarity with Azure/AWS/Google Cloud Platform an advantage
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.