We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Prospa, you are responsible for leading a team of incredibly talented Engineers who make us stand out from the crowd. You will coach and mentor your team, drive the technical strategy and roadmap, and play an integral part in attracting great customers to Prospa.
What you will be doing
- Support, manage and connect with your team of software engineers, some of whom will be distributed globally
- Partner with Designers and Product Managers as part of an agile squad leadership team, delivering exciting pieces of work
- Be a mentor for the entire engineering team, by identifying their strengths and fostering an environment that allows them to play to those
- Help recruit and hire the best software engineers alongside our wonderful TA team
- Work with various parts of the business to understand their requirements and come up with tailored solutions
- Be a champion of our customers, internally and externally #customerobsessed
- Keep abreast of technology changes whilst keeping Prospa on the leading edge of the landscape
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience managing software engineers in a product/technology company
- A minimum of 5 years software development experience
- Proven experience in Agile
- Cloud based development, preferably in PaaS
- Git + Workflows to support code review and release of software, so you can bring the best out of our engineers
- An appetite to work in a fast-moving environment and a desire to challenge the status quo when and where needed #beboldopenandreal #dayone
What we offer
- Work with the latest technologies – we work with the best tech in the market!
- Study allowance and paid learning days
- Career development opportunities
- Flexibility (remote work on offer)
- Bonuses and stock options
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Team and company wide social events
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?