Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently over 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
We are driven by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019!
As a Software Engineer at Prospa, you will be responsible for building fast, secure, scalable and maintainable applications that will make Prospa stand out from the crowd. You will develop software that integrates with a myriad of internal and external systems, using cloud-based microservices architectures. You will drive efficiencies within the business and play an integral part in attracting great customers and partners. You will work closely with the Product team, predominantly contributing to backend capabilities.
What you will be doing
- Solve issues where the problem is known but the solution is not
- Take ownership and proactively solve problems
- Write code to a high standard, leaving code simpler and more maintainable
- Review code effectively, addressing style and correctness
- Try new techniques and share lessons with others
- Have a positive influence on the team and Prospa’s products
- Keep security and customer privacy front of mind throughout the SDLC
- Deliver outcomes independently and make smart trade-offs
- Develop new designs and/or make changes to existing designs
What you'll need to succeed
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Developer in .NET
- Skilled with CI/CD
- Knowledge of Git
- Familiar with architectural patterns
- Knowledge of SOLID principles
- Experience with unit testing
What’s nice to have
- Prior experience working on Automated Decisioning Engines
- Financial services and/or lending background
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience with integration testing
- Exposure to cloud-based development
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Well-versed with Infrastructure as Code
- Prior exposure to a product that contained Microservices and Message/Event Driven Architecture
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time