Who we are
Prospa is Australia’s #1 online lender to small businesses and our bold vision is to change the way small business owners experience finance. With doubling revenues and a float on the ASX scheduled in June, there has never been a better time to join.
We are inspired by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers - where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. We love our newly launched values of 'obsess about customers', 'be bold, open and real', 'deliver value fast', 'simplicity' and 'one team', as they guide our thoughts and actions every single day.
Software Engineers at Prospa are responsible for building fast, secure, scalable and maintainable applications that will make Prospa stand out; They will drive efficiencies within the business and play an integral part in attracting great customers and partners.
As a Software Engineer you will develop software that integrates with a myriad of internal and external systems, using cloud-based microservices architectures. You will be versed in .NET framework and cloud technologies, especially PaaS, taking ownership of DevOps responsibilities. This role will work closely with the Product, Design, and Front End teams, potentially providing full stack capabilities where required.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Building efficient, scalable, secure and reusable software responding to time and technical constraints
- Hosting architecture and design sessions where required to explain the system being developed
- Championing the voice of the customer through collection of metrics to support validated learning of design and product assumptions
- Ensuring that systems have the correct level of logging and monitoring to support our customers in times of need
- Code reviewing other team members’ work, paying attention to patterns and practices of the team
- Present in product “grooming” sessions, contributing your expertise where required
- Identifying and addressing any performance issues that arise
- Keeping security and customer privacy front of mind throughout the SDLC
What you need, to become a Software Engineer at Prospa
Five years of industry experience as a Software Developer, working with .NET Framework. You will have worked with cloud-based development in AWS or Azure, preferably in PaaS for at least 2 years.
Other required knowledge will include:
- An understanding of development and migration strategies in SQL Server
- Agile principles (Scrum, Kanban, XP), TDD, BDD
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- SOLID principles, understand and support through code review
- Git + Workflows to support code review and release of software 1+ year
- Architectural patterns with exposure to a product that contained either Microservices, Message Based Architecture, Event Based Architecture, CQRS and Event Sourcing 1+ year
- Infrastructure automation experience; ARM, EBS, CloudFormation, Puppet or Chef
In this role you need a passion for exploring new technologies and keeping abreast of technology changes, in order to keep Prospa on the leading but not bleeding edge of change. You will actively share your knowledge with the wider team so that we can grow as a unit.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please apply now.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.