Product, Design & Technology Division
Who we are
Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers - where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values of Fairness, Great Decision Making, Partnerships and Thinking Differently inform how we think and act every day.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our highly talented and very passionate engineering team. If you feel that you’ve got what it takes to build brilliant software that sets us apart from the crowd, in one of Australia’s fastest growing companies, then this is the job for you.
Software Engineers at Prospa are responsible for building fast, secure, scalable and maintainable applications that will make Prospa stand out; They will drive efficiencies within the business and play an integral part in attracting great customers and partners.
As a Software Engineer you will develop software that integrates with a myriad of internal and external systems, using cloud-based microservices architectures. You will be versed in .NET framework and cloud technologies, especially PaaS, taking ownership of DevOps responsibilities. This role will work closely with the Product, Design, and Front End teams, potentially providing full stack capabilities where required.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Building efficient, scalable, secure and reusable software responding to time and technical constraints
- Hosting architecture and design sessions where required to explain the system being developed
- Championing the voice of the customer through collection of metrics to support validated learning of design and product assumptions
- Ensuring that systems have the correct level of logging and monitoring to support our customers in times of need
- Code reviewing other team members’ work, paying attention to patterns and practices of the team
- Present in product “grooming” sessions, contributing your expertise where required
- Identifying and addressing any performance issues that arise
- Keeping security and customer privacy front of mind throughout the SDLC
What you need, to become a Software Engineer at Prospa
Five years of industry experience as a Software Developer, working with .NET Framework. You will have worked with cloud-based development in AWS or Azure, preferably in PaaS for at least 2 years.
Other required knowledge will include:
- An understanding of development and migration strategies in SQL Server
- Agile principles (Scrum, Kanban, XP), TDD, BDD
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- SOLID principles, understand and support through code review
- Git + Workflows to support code review and release of software 1+ year
- Architectural patterns with exposure to a product that contained either Microservices, Message Based Architecture, Event Based Architecture, CQRS and Event Sourcing 1+ year
- Infrastructure automation experience; ARM, EBS, CloudFormation, Puppet or Chef
In this role you need a real passion for exploring new technologies, keeping abreast of technology changes, in order to keep Prospa on the leading but not bleeding edge of change. You will actively share your knowledge with the wider team so that we can grow as a unit.
Above all, you must be adaptable and eager to work in a dynamic environment.
If you can see yourself in this role and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of Prospa, then please apply now