Product, Design & Technology Division
Who we are
Prospa is Australia’s #1 online lender to small businesses and our bold vision is to change the way small business owners experience finance.
We are inspired by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers - where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values of Customer Obsession, Being Bold, Open and Real, keeping our Startup Mentality, Delivering Value Fast, Simplicity, and working as One Team inform how we think and act every day.
Prospa is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join their highly talented and very passionate engineering team. Our Software Engineer in Test engineers write code for automated tests and test frameworks, working with our software development engineers to ensure our software is of high quality. If you feel that you’ve got what it takes to build brilliant software that sets us apart from the crowd in one of Australia’s fastest growing companies, then this is the job for you.
Internally within the Tech Team we value the following qualities: Professionalism, Respect for People, Trust in ourselves and team, Integrity and Accountability for our role in delivering products and services to our customers, both internal and external.
In addition to the perks of a Prospa employee, we hold irregular events such as innovations days every month to champion new ideas.
Why this role exists
As a member of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing automated tests, building and implementing test frameworks, teaching other engineers how to write tests, and testing our software prior to release to ensure that the software runs smoothly and meets all functional requirements and specifications. They will play an integral part in attracting great customers and partners by building the systems that delight our customers.
You will work closely with our Product and Technical team to ensure that the requirements are clearly understood and well documented prior to development so that testing can ensure that the software delivered meets the expectations of the business.
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Ensuring high automated test coverage
- Manually test newly developed software and record any defects or performance issues
- Produce reports on testing outcomes
- Liaise with the Product team and the business to coordinate testing throughout the development lifecycle against the business requirements
- Helping to define a “quality” culture within the software engineering team
- Documentation and knowledge sharing
What you need
- Previous software development experience
- Strong analytical and extremely detailed-orientated approach
- Either Strong Salesforce framework knowledge OR the .Net framework OR Angular frameworks. Two skill sets would be a tremendous advantage
- Experience with agile development processes
- A passion for product quality towards a zero-defect world
- Thinking differently to identify edge cases and finding ways to break the system that haven’t been thought of before
- Knowledge of software testing aids and tools
- Previous QA experience
- Experience with browser-based testing across multiple versions and platforms, including mobile devices
- Experience in testing responsive applications
- Cloud based, especially Azure, performance and scalability testing
- RESTful API testing experience
- Finance industry (lending) experience
The competencies and attributes we value
- Working as One Team, contributes to your team success and sharing knowledge
- Being Bold, Open and Real
- A customer centric mindset, always building towards the business outcome
- Experimental and innovative thinking when dealing with ambiguous problems
- Strong communication
- Taking ownership of the software you build in production
- Proactive problem solving
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please apply now.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CV's will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.