This is a hybrid role if you are located in Sydney OR a remote role if you are located outside of our Sydney Hub.
We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As a Software Engineer at Prospa, you will be responsible for building fast, secure, scalable and maintainable mobile applications that will make Prospa stand out from the crowd. You will be translating designs and wire-frames into high-quality code. You have an eye for detail and are passionate about delivering value fast. You are an effective technical leader within an engineering team, actively voicing your opinion and sharing your knowledge.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with designers, product teams and your fellow engineers to create, extend and enhance responsive, accessible and beautiful Mobile (iOS & Android) applications.
- Architect and build mobile application features that are readable, reliable, reusable and maintainable.
- Build and implement API endpoints and gateways.
- Use your technical experience and knowledge to solve both business and technology problems.
- Model, mentor and coach other team members in best practices and hone their skills through peer programming, effective code reviews, and providing feedback.
- Be a driver of quality, surfacing data and metrics to guide development, quality and availability.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Proven experience in modern Mobile application development practices for both iOS & Android.
- Have a good understanding of how to build and work with distributed, and scalable backend services.
- Have deep knowledge in React Native and TypeScript, and GraphQL integration.
- Skilled in designing robust and secure mobile applications, while employing sound software architecture practices.
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for both mobile apps and APIs.
- Passion for quality, and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- Experience with building GraphQL gateways on Node.js (advantageous)
- Experience with Azure (or equivalent platform) and accompanying ecosystem (advantageous)
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- A team of passionate, diverse, talented thought leaders in tech
- Modern tech stack environment with a cloud first approach
- A fast scaling tech organisation that is not afraid to invest in technology
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working (Remote AU work on offer)
- Seasonal programs (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts and a whole lot more)
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities and study assistance
- Study allowance and paid learning days
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Be a master of your own destiny. Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?