Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small businesses in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently over 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join us, one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture.
We are driven by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019!
Are you interested in applying your quantitative skills to help build and design risk-based strategic decisions and be at the cutting edge of this development in the FinTech industry? If so, we are looking for someone to do just that! Join our dynamic Credit Risk team who are continuously pushing the boundaries in how credit decisions happen.
We are a rapidly growing lender looking for someone who loves to tackle technical problems, and a strong understanding of the lending business to help us create elegant solutions to optimise our return on risk. Our ideal candidate wants to grow as a risk professional, expand their understanding of credit risk in the small business space, and develop cutting-edge solutions to real world problems.
What you'll be doing
- Build and develop solutions to be deployed into the Prospa Credit Decision Engine.
- Build and manage application scorecards, affordability models and other credit risk solutions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to the customer credit lifecycle and built solutions.
- Analyse, build, respond to and extract insights on the impact of business changes to the performance of the portfolio.
- Understand and provide insight on greater economic events that might drive risk measures such as delinquency.
What you'll need to succeed
- 3+ years of experience in a financial services business, with a proven track record applying mathematical techniques to business problems
- Sound understanding of credit lending process in a financial institution
- Proficient in mathematical & data management software tools such as Python, R, SQL
- Experience using large data to develop actionable insights; deep dives, segmentation etc
- An understanding of how to develop, challenge and manage mathematical models such as application scorecards and other risk models
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to engage with senior leadership
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
What's nice to have
- Experience in risk management
- Databricks and Spark knowledge and/or experience
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics, commerce, actuarial science)
- Advanced machine learning skills and experience in building production ready solutions.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same phenomenal experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.