About the company
Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers - where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date, we’ve helped over 12,000 small business customers across Australia with over $500 million in small business loans.
About the Role
The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for leading the development of a Procurement practice and directing the process of procurement within Prospa operations. Key objective of the role is to provide a responsive and agile procurement service for Prospa that delivers value for money, financial control and identification of new ways of working to bring efficiencies into the business.
- You will lead the development and implementation with key partner groups of the Procurement agenda and ensure the continued alignment to Prospa’s strategic objectives.
- Provide strategic guidance and embed Procurement practices that deliver strong governance, through the identity and mitigation of risk; identify and realise sourcing opportunities and manage suppliers identified as key providers.
- You will represent Prospa and manage high-level relationships with external suppliers, including undertaking negotiations, to secure a long-term, cost effective and reliable supply base.
- Promote a strong dedication to a quality culture, implementing standards of excellence and a continuous improvement business focus.
- 5+ years’ experience in a procurement and supply chain environment
- Procurement qualifications (e.g MCIPS) an advantage
- Experience on a green field procurement capacity
- Experience developing and implementing leading procurement category management strategies
- Evidenced capability and experience in spend management
- Ability to establish and manage governance arrangements, process improvement and robust performance measurement
- Experience leading sustainable change across organisations
- Strong decision making/problem solving and influencing skills
- Excellent people leadership skills, including communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, mentoring and performance planning, measurement, feedback and development
- You're a strong influencer, capable of effectively working with senior executives to embed the cross-business procurement
- You have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including the ability to advocate and influence effectively at all levels, especially with C level internal and external stakeholders
- You enjoy an entrepreneurial approach to operating within an organisation
- You will enjoy attending relevant industry events as a representative of Prospa.
What we offer you
- A collaborative workplace, that will both challenge you and recognise your achievements
- A unique opportunity to shape and contribute to a flourishing business
- A highly engaged team with great perks and workspace
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please apply now.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.