This is a hybrid role if you are located in Sydney OR a remote role if you are located outside of our Sydney Hub.
We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As a Senior Platform Engineer you will work on the Platform team and measure, monitor, and maximize availability, efficiency, security and performance of live services, applications, and systems. You will leverage technical expertise to focus on creating new solutions and solving problems for software development in the Cloud. You will also partner with engineers, technical leads, and engineering managers to help build effective engineering practices.
What you will be doing
- Partner with wider-engineering team in developing well-architected, reliable, resilient cloud-native solutions in line with our long term vision and strategy
- Lead adoption of DevOps best practices, and provide intuitive tooling that enables each team to manage and operate effectively from infrastructure automation to software deployment
- Be a driver of quality, surfacing data and metrics to guide development, reliability and availability for Prospa’s platforms
- Continuously improve our cloud security posture in close collaboration with Prospa’s security team and the wider engineering team
- Participate in incident response and postmortems
What you’ll need to succeed
- Proven experiences in implementing infrastructure as code
- Extensive experience of Cloud based deployments, applications, systems, and CI/CD pipelines (hands-on experience with Azure required)
- Sound understanding of DevOps practices, specifically when it comes to security and governance in Cloud-native environments
- Hands-on automation experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, PowerShell, Bash or other scripting languages
- Knowledge of best practices and principles of microservice architecture
- Good experience in software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience working with Terraform
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer:
- A team of passionate, diverse, talented thought leaders in tech
- Modern tech stack environment with a cloud first approach
- A fast scaling tech organisation that is not afraid to invest in technology
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working (Remote AU work on offer)
- Seasonal programs (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts and a whole lot more)
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities and study assistance
- Study allowance and paid learning days
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?