Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date, we've helped over 24,000 outstanding small business customers across Australia with over $1.5 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently over 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
As a Senior Mobile Software Engineer you will be a key member of the Frontend Engineering team. You will be translating designs and wire-frames into high-quality code. You have an eye for detail and passionate to deliver value fast.
Key responsibilities include
- You will work closely with designers, product teams and your fellow engineers to build, extend and improve responsive, accessible and beautiful Mobile (iOS & Android) and Web applications.
- Architect and build software features that is readable, reliable, reusable and maintainable.
- Build and implement API endpoints as required.
- Confidently use your technical experience and knowledge to solve both business and technology problems.
- You will model, mentor and coach other team members in best practices and hone their skills through peer programming, effective code reviews, and providing feedback.
- Be a driver of quality, surfacing data and metrics to guide development, quality and availability.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience with building mobile applications on iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of leading practices in Mobile and Web application development.
- Experienced working with TDD, BDD and Agile Frameworks, including Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tooling, and security in Mobile and Web applications.
- Experience in building and maintaining CI and CD pipelines.
- Passion and leadership in Mobile and Web software development, and security practices.
- 5+ years Software Development experience, including 3+ years Mobile Development experience.
- Deep knowledge in React, Typescript, React Native, Firebase, GraphQL and REST APIs.
- Thorough understanding of web and mobile accessibility.
- Knowledgeable in various build tools including Webpack, Cocoapods, Gradle, Fastlane, npm etc.
- Working knowledge of Cloud-based deployments, applications, systems and CI/CD pipelines.
- Highly skilled in designing robust applications and employ sound software architecture practices.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.