This is a hybrid role if you are located in Sydney OR a remote role if you are located outside of our Sydney Hub.
We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be a key member of our engineering team. You will be responsible for crafting and building our design system to allow our products to ship high-quality features faster and consistently. In your role, you will work closely with our designers, product managers and engineers. You have an eye for detail and are passionate about quality while delivering value fast. You are an effective technical leader within an engineering team, actively voicing your opinion and sharing your knowledge. You love to create delightful and accessible experiences for customers, engineers and designers alike.
What you will be doing
- Architect and build out Prospa’s reusable component library (design system) to ensure our products are easy to navigate with a consistent and high-quality design language.
- Design and build innovative UI solutions to solve complex frontend challenges across Web and Mobile.
- Work closely with the design and engineering teams to understand and support their work through your ongoing development and support of the design system.
- Mentor and educate our engineers and designers to utilise and adopt the design system.
- Use your technical experience and knowledge to solve both business and technology problems.
- Model, mentor and coach other team members in best practices and hone their skills through peer programming, effective code reviews, and providing feedback.
- Be a driver of quality, surfacing data and metrics to guide development, quality and availability.
What you will need to succeed?
- Proven experience in implementing and supporting non-trivial design systems.
- Proficient in CI/CD best practices and tools for both Web and Mobile development.
- Deep knowledge of CSS (including design methodologies), Typescript, and React.
- Skill and experience in crafting reusable components for Web and Mobile.
- Good understanding of accessibility standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with building robust and secure frontend solutions.
- Familiarity with UI Component tools like Storybook.
- Experience with React Native is highly advantageous.
- Uses data to inform planning, decision making and setting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- A team of passionate, diverse, talented thought leaders in tech
- Modern tech stack environment with a cloud first approach
- A fast-scaling tech organisation that is not afraid to invest in technology
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working (Remote AU work on offer)
- Seasonal programs (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts and a whole lot more)
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities and study assistance
- Study allowance and paid learning days
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Be a master of your own destiny. Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?