Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best FinTech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by crafting an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date, we've helped over 24,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1.4 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently 210 strong.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
The Senior Financial Accountant will be a central member of the Prospa Financial Control team. You will work closely with management on the financial activities of our fast growing ASX Listed Group, have ownership of technical accounting matters. Be a key point of contact for both internal and external auditors and have responsibility for managing the preparation of financial statements, APRA reporting and tax submissions.
Key responsibilities include
- Contribute to the finalisation of monthly consolidated results, including preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of current and deferred tax calculations and liaise with our tax advisors to finalise annual tax returns.
- Preparation of management accounting papers for presentation to the board, including application of AASB 2, AASB 9 and AASB 15.
- Assist in handling both the external and internal audit processes and be our key point of contact for coordinating audit requests.
- Preparation of APRA reporting.
- Provide ongoing support to the business as part of the day-to-day operations of the Financial Control team including brokers, customers and cash transactions.
- Support the team with ad hoc accounting or operational matters as we look to evolve and improve our processes.
- Chartered Accountant Australia with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance / Accounting.
- Previous experience in audit, ideally Big 4 but not specifically.
- Financial services and banking experience will be highly regarded.
- Strong technical accounting understanding.
- Be a Proactive communicator with responsive engagement skills.
- Have an eye on the detail – attention to detail is a must.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time