We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
We’re recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017, a FINNIES 2018 Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019.
Please note: this is a 15 month parental leave contract.
Your priority will be managing Prospa’s accounting and finance operations, including – overseeing statutory reporting, the external audit process, compliance requirements, control of funds, accounts payable, customer receivables, monthly close and tax.
You’ll be responsible for leading a small team and delivering focused operational improvement & change management.
What you will be doing
- Support the team through an efficient and high-quality month-end close
- Oversee the preparation of the annual and half yearly financial statements in full compliance with AASB, ASX Listing Rules and other statutory requirements.
- Deliver on the Group’s external audit and review process
- Lead, develop and support the growth of your team
- Deliver on day-to-day operations and cash management, including end of day funds processing for our customers, investors and partners.
- Support the preparation of the Group’s tax and other statutory returns – Income Tax, FBT, Business Activity Statements and R&D submissions.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of the Group’s ongoing APRA and other compliance reporting obligations.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement
- Support the fast-paced scaling of the business across multiple products and geographies.
What you'll need to succeed
- CA / CPA qualified with 8+ years’ relevant experience
- Big 4 audit background with ASX experience desirable
- Deep understanding of Australian Accounting Standards and local Tax regulations – exposure to AASB 9 and AASB 2 is highly regarded.
- Strong work ethic and with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Track record of project delivery and people leadership.
- Be a collaborator – in the Finance team, the business and external stakeholders
- A sound understanding of how finance and technology interact, a passion for process improvement and a desire to embrace change for the better.
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- Flexible ways of working
- Winter @ Prospa (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts…)
- Team and company wide social events
- Volunteer leave
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Be a master of your own destiny. Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?