Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 and a FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date we’ve helped over 19,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently 250 strong.
This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers – We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
5* Trustpilot Customer Rating (9.8/10)
Be Bold, Open and Real – Have the courage to take smart risks.
Winner – 2017 FinTech Australia ‘Finnie’ Award for ‘Best Leaders’
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Winner – 2018 Financial Times High-Growth Companies (Asia Pacific)
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Winner – 2015 Deloitte Tech Fast 50 (Almost 7000% growth in three years)
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
Winner – 2017 Fintech Business Awards ‘Lending Innovator’
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
4.6* Glassdoor Staff Happiness Rating & 2018 Aon Best Employer
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, your priority will be managing Prospa’s finance operations including efficient reporting and control of funds, expenditures, customer receivables, reconciliations and the monthly close. In addition, you will be responsible for leading a small team and delivering focused operational improvement & change management.
You will join a small, hardworking finance team genuinely helping change the way small businesses experience finance in Australia and New Zealand.
Key responsibilities include
- Organising and supervising Prospa’s finance systems in order to ensure timely and accurate production of accounts and reports according to Australian Accounting Standards.
- Establishing and continually improving general accounting procedures and systems.
- Leading a small team of finance staff.
- Deliver on the day-to-day, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, End of Day funds processing, BAS, broker commissions and cash management.
- Loan Book receivables and Bank reconciliations.
- Delivery of an efficient high-quality monthly close process including Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for the Prospa Group consolidation process.
- Identify and implement the changes required to improve finance operational efficiency and support the fast-paced scaling of the business across multiple products and geographies.
- Work collaboratively with all parts across Prospa to drive better outcomes across the organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Chartered Accountant Australia or CPA with minimum 7 years’ experience
- Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Excellent finance operational skills
- Technically strong knowledge of accounting standards, reconciliations and consolidations
- Experience in managing audit processes
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in delivery of process improvement and project implementations
- Salesforce and Netsuite experience a plus
- You will be a results focused finance professional with experience in financial organisations.
- Have a sound understanding of how finance and technology interact, a passion for process improvement and you embrace change for the better.
- Be a collaborator, both in the Finance team and across the business.
- You will have a strong work ethic and are willing to roll up your sleeves, moving up and down the role as the situation requires.
- You are outcomes-focused and have a track record of delivery and people leadership.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time