Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small businesses in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently over 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join us, one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture.
We are driven by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019!
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be part of our Data Engineering team. The team is currently embarking on a new data journey that is exciting for us and anyone joining. You will be responsible for extending and optimizing our data platform and architecture to provide a reliable and trustworthy data as a service offering. Your work will ensure our data pipelines are running efficiently, our enterprise data lakes and data warehouses are up to date and operating reliably, and data is presented to our analysts, scientists, and stakeholders in an easy-to-use, trustworthy, and self-serviceable manner.
What you will do
- Improve and optimise information models to meet Business Intelligence and Data Science needs of multiple teams, systems and products with self-service and re-usability in mind.
- Extend and optimise Prospa's data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse. Catering to our ever growing set of data sources, with streaming and batch processing needs.
- Build using best practices and implement suitable technologies in developing end-to-end data solutions within Prospa’s cloud environment.
- Be responsible for the availability, reliability and data quality of our data platforms end-to-end.
- Work closely with Prospa Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analyst through peer programming, effective code reviews, and technical consultations.
- Partner with engineering, product and business stakeholders to build technical solutions to meet business objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience in building, extending and maintaining:
- Robust and extensible data pipelines for production environments.
- Secure, performant and well-modelled data stores.
- Reliable and efficient streaming and batch data environments.
- Enterprise-grade Data Warehouse and Data Lakes.
- Experienced in building, scaling, and monitoring resilient distributed systems.
- Solid understanding of MSSQL, Databricks, Snowflakes/Redshift, Airflow, Spark, Kafka and accompanying ecosystems.
- Good experience with cloud platforms in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of Agile Frameworks, including Scrum and Kanban.
- Well-versed with NoSQL databases and data structures.
What's nice to have
- Prior experience with privacy by design across the data layers.
- Knowledge of financial services and products.
- Experience using ML and AI to tackle data challenge and business problems.
- Solid understanding of Azure cloud platforms.
Come and Join Our Team
If you want to be part of a cloud-first organisation, use the latest and most appropriate technology in a company that cares for its customers and culture alike, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward phenomenal achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.