This is a hybrid role if you are located in Sydney OR a remote role if you are located outside of our Sydney Hub.
We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As a (Senior) Data Engineer you will support our vision to leverage our information, cloud native platform and tools to become the center of all decisions we make as a business whilst providing our customers with a tailored service.
What you will be doing
- Improve and optimise information models to meet Business Intelligence and Data Science needs as they relate to functional teams, systems and products.
- Provide resolutions and solutions with self-service and re-usability always in mind.
- Extend and optimise Prospa’s data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse.
- Cater to our ever-growing set of data sources, with streaming and batch processing needs.
- Use appropriate software and/or languages to create reusable tools in that allow the wider team to deliver value quickly.
- Build and implement suitable technologies in developing end-to-end data solutions within Prospa’s cloud environment using best practices.
- Be responsible for the availability, reliability and data quality of our data platforms end-to-end.
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Users through peer programming, effective code reviews, and technical consultations.
- Partner with engineering, product and business stakeholders to build technical solutions to meet business objectives.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Hands on experience with SQL, Python, databases, system integration, data wrangling.
- Some working knowledge in following areas: Databricks/Notebooks, Airflow/Orchestration, Spark, Python, SQL, accompanying ecosystems and data infrastructure (databases, CD/ID pipelines, automated testing)
- Experience in contributing to, extending and maintaining:
- Data pipelines for production environments.
- Secure, performant and well-modelled data stores.
- Reliable and efficient streaming and batch data environments.
- Enterprise-grade Data Warehouse and Data Lakes.
- Experienced in co-creating, scaling, and monitoring resilient systems.
- Can contribute to technical architectures, concepts, use-cases, designs, and approaches, in a way that can be understood by stakeholders of varying degrees of technical literacy.
- Knowledge of Cloud environments are desirable, including Google, AWS, and Azure.
- Awareness of AI and ML technologies and principles are desirable.
- Awareness of Agile Frameworks, including Scrum and Kanban.
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- A team of passionate, diverse, talented thought leaders in tech
- Modern tech stack environment with a cloud first approach
- A fast-scaling tech organisation that is not afraid to invest in technology
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working (Remote AU work on offer)
- Seasonal programs (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts and a whole lot more)
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities and study assistance
- Study allowance and paid learning days
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Be a master of your own destiny. Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?