This is a hybrid role if you are located in Sydney OR a remote role if you are located outside of our Sydney Hub.
We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As a Senior Data Analyst at Prospa, you will be a key influencer in the practices of visualisation theory, data analysis and modelling that drive founded analysis and arguments for change across a range of business initiatives. You will work on transforming and translating customer behaviour into accurate and reliable information to drive informed decisions and growth across the business.
Our data team is an amazing team of talented analysts, engineers and data scientists who are and known for delivering real value every day. You will be welcomed as someone bringing your own unique experience, background and perspective to complement this team and we know you’ll love the work we’re doing.
What you will be doing
- Be a part of cross-functional teams’ day to day, leveraging your knowledge in data & analytics to improve their effectiveness
- Promote visualisation and analytics best practices to your analyst peers and the broader Data team to build arguments for change
- Support the business with proactive data discovery, building data assets to answer complex problems and identify opportunities for growth
- Extend and develop data models that enrich our single view of customer and other data assets
- Influence a culture of knowledge and curiosity across the business by developing trust in data integrity and confidence in self-serve analytics capabilities
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience working with commercial data and applying analytics methodologies to projects that have delivered high strategic impact
- Experience applying visualisation theory by building dashboards that communicate arguments for change (Tableau is preferred)
- Experience with developing analysis applies advanced techniques and demonstrates grounding in statistics / maths
- Experience wrangling and modelling data using SQL and Python
- Experience developing and reviewing code to a standard that is optimal for data pipeline performance (knowledge of Airflow or similar tooling is a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – gathering requirements and presenting complex business and technical concepts simply to non-technical audiences and leadership
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- A team of passionate, diverse, talented thought leaders in tech
- Modern tech stack environment with a cloud first approach
- A fast scaling tech organisation that is not afraid to invest in technology
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working (Remote AU work on offer)
- Seasonal programs (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts and a whole lot more)
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities and study assistance
- Study allowance and paid learning days
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Be a master of your own destiny. Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?