We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
Reporting to the Credit Operations Manager, you’ll evaluate the credit worthiness of applicants in our large ticket space, to determine if they qualify for our small business loans and working capital solutions. In this role you’ll utilise your industry knowledge, commerciality & financial prowess to write business within Prospa’s risk appetite.
What you will be doing
- Coordinating the underwriting of unsecured commercial loan applications in the ‘Prospa Plus/Large Ticket’ segment
- Providing in-depth detailed analysis of financial reports and calculate industry and credit risk
- Analyse bank statements, credit card processing statements and business financial reports.
- Conduct phone interview with loan applicant.
- Recommending approval or decline based on specific criteria and stipulations
- Comply with internal controls and government regulations
- Identify areas of process improvements where possible with Credit Committee
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum 2 to 5 years underwriting / Credit analyst experience required, preferably involving financial analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field desirable but not necessary
- Previously held a DLA (delegated lending authority) of $100k minimum
- Familiarity with personal and company credit reports, ASIC searches, and other various background information.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organised and ability to follow processes
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact professionally with management, sales, and business owners.
- Experience in a high-pressured environment working to deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working
- Seasonal programs”(think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts…)
- Team and company-wide social events
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities & study assistance
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?