Prospa is passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date we’ve helped over 20,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1.2 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in it's rapidly growing team, currently 250 strong.
Our people are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers – We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
Be Bold, Open and Real – Have the courage to take smart risks.
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
You will be responsible for building fast, secure, scalable and maintainable applications that will make Prospa stand out from the crowd. They will drive efficiencies within the business and play an integral part in attracting great customers and partners.
What you will need
To succeed in this role, you will have an analytical and creative approach to problem solving. You will be customer-centric with an experimental mindset, and take ownership of software delivery. You will be passionate about working in a collaborative environment, with an interest in sharing knowledge and helping others within the engineering team.
Above all, you must be adaptable and eager to work in a fast-paced environment.
What will you do
- Creating efficient, scalable, secure and reusable software responding to time and technical constraints
- Code reviewing other team members work paying attention to patterns and practices of the team
- Story break down with focus on simplicity providing negotiation for sweating the right details to ensure short feedback loops to our customers
- Hosting architecture and design sessions where required to explain the system being developed
- Ensuring that systems have the correct level of logging and monitoring to support our customers in times of need
- Keeping abreast of technology changes and keeping Prospa on the leading but not bleeding edge of the technical landscape
- Identifying and addressing any performance issues that arise
- Keeping security and customer privacy front of mind throughout the SDLC
- Ensuring constant communication with team members to ensure that difficult problems are addressed in the best possible manner
Behaviors at our core
- Deals well with ambiguity, adapts to and embraces change with agility, decides and acts without needing all the facts
- Good self-knowledge: Actively seeks out feedback, demonstrates learning from mistakes, knows own personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits
- Innovative and open to new ways of working and feedback.
- Phenomenal at self-reflection to find ways to improve.
- Holds themselves accountable to deliver results.
- Uses data to inform planning, decision-making and setting priorities.
What is in for you
- Regular employee awards.
- Engagement programs including massages, meditation, lunches, doona days & beach days
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working culture
- Fun celebrations throughout the year for our diverse prosparians
- Study Assistance Program
- Engineering teams have a discretionary training budget to invest in their learning and development needs at any given point of time.
Come and join the team
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognize & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.