Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by crafting an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date, we've helped over 24,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1.4 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently 210 strong.
This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
As a Senior Analyst, you will be tasked to build and maintain models and risk settings within the risk analytics scope. You will be given the responsibility to take a business problem, define its measure of success, propose and plan a solution, and execute. For example, investigating and correcting poor scorecard model performance on a specific sub segment.
You will be encouraged to collaborate inclusively across the business and present results to a variety of stakeholders.
We are a growing business looking for someone with strong mathematics/statistics background who can apply them in a credit risk context as well as an understanding of the lending business to help us build elegant solutions to optimise our return on risk.
Key responsibilities include
- Build and maintain models and risk settings within the risk analytics space.
- Realise the impact of any changes on Prospa’s portfolio performance.
- Collaborate across the broader business to identify how RIS impacts their activities.
- Present models and impacts to a variety of stakeholders
- Collaborate to develop strategies for deploying changes into the Prospa Credit Decision Engine.
- Engage with the wider Risk Insights and Solutions (RIS) team to develop their experience and improve knowledge across the team.
What you'll need to succeed
- 3 + years of experience in a credit risk analytics/model development environment, passionate about unsecured SME / personal lending.
- Model validation experience with practical model build knowledge and/or corporate/secured lending experience with strong background would also be considered.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following;
- Contract level PD, EAD, LGD modeling in any of the following contexts; provision/impairment, expected loss, A-IRB capital and economic capital
- Forecast modeling in internal stress testing, regulatory stress test, risk-reward/risk-based pricing and cash flow modeling
- Scorecard modeling
- Ability to work independently, generate ideas, and challenge the status quo.
- Ability to communicate findings to a variety of stakeholders
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, statistics, engineering, econometrics, actuarial science, etc), postgraduate study preferred.
- An understanding of the consumer or small business lending process.
- Ability to apply your quantitative and/or mathematics background in the real world.
- Able to analyse data & generate insights
- Databricks / R / Python / SAS / MATLAB programming or similar experience with a keen interest in learning new technologies
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same phenomenal experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.