Prospa, Australia's #1 online lender to small businesses.
We are a visionary FinTech leader that changes the lives of under-serviced small business owners in Australia. We build innovative and easy to use financial products that help small businesses achieve their dreams, by providing fast and easy funding pathways around their business challenges.
We are proud to say that on our journey so far we have helped over 18,000 small business customers across Australia, injecting over half a billion dollars into the Australian economy, and counting.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers - We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
5* Trustpilot Customer Rating (9.8/10)
Be Bold, Open and Real - Have the courage to take smart risks.
Winner - 2017 FinTech Australia ‘Finnie’ Award for ‘Best Leaders’
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Winner - 2018 Financial Times High-Growth Companies (Asia Pacific)
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Winner - 2015 Deloitte Tech Fast 50 (Almost 7000% growth in three years)
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
Winner - 2017 Fintech Business Awards ‘Lending Innovator’
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
4.6* Glassdoor Staff Happiness Rating & 2018 Aon Best Employer
As a Risk Analyst / Senior Risk Analyst you will be involved in the end-to-end credit lifecycle from review of decisioning models and policy rules, to building delinquency forecasts and stress testing. You will delve directly into Prospa’s data to gain meaningful insights into our portfolio and its performance.
We are a rapidly growing lender looking for someone with portfolio risk management experience and a strong understanding of the lending business to help us create elegant solutions to optimise our return on risk. Our ideal candidate wants to grow as a risk professional and expand their understanding of credit risk strategy in the small business space.
- Analyse, monitor and extract insight on the impact of changes to the performance of the portfolio.
- Use Python and SQL to identify changes in trends, risks, and credit quality measures.
- Understand and provide insight on greater economic events that might drive risk measures such as delinquency.
- Develop strategies for deploying changes to the Prospa Credit Decision Engine.
You will pride yourself on
- Your ability to work independently, generate ideas, and challenge the status quo.
- An understanding of the consumer or small business lending process.
- Your quantitative and/or mathematics background, and your ability to apply it in the real world.
- Being able to analyse data, generate insights, communicate findings.
- Having started your journey in learning some programming with a keen interest in earning new technologies.
- 3 + years of experience in a financial services with a history of using data to identify problems and find solutions.
- SQL & Python skills are highly desirable; however R or SAS would also be considered.
- Experience using large data to develop actionable insights; deep dives, segmentation etc.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline preferred (mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics, commerce, actuarial science).
- An understanding of how to challenge, implement, and manage credit scorecards and models.
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to engage with senior leadership.
Come and join us
We offer a unique opportunity to shape and contribute to a flourishing, fast-growing business as an integral part of a highly engaged team with great perks and a fun workspace.
Achieving our vision to change the way small business owners experience finance requires a diverse group of passionate, creative and innovative people. You can find out a bit more about working at Prospa here.
We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
With the greatest respect, we will not be accepting CVs from recruitment agencies for this role.