Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small businesses in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently over 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join us, one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture.
We are driven by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019!
Prospa is a growing business looking for someone with a strong econometric background who can apply their knowledge in a small business lending context. As a Risk Analyst, you will be asked to build and maintain models and risk settings within the risk analytics scope. These will include, but not limited to, behavioural models & forecast models. You will be given the responsibility to take a business problem, research the best solution using your economic knowledge, ensure the model is fit for purpose and then present solution back to a variety of stakeholders. In addition, the role requires inclusive collaboration inclusively across the business.
What you will be doing
- Use your econometric knowledge to explore models that perform well across industry, risk profile & socioeconomic groups and continue to adapt to changing economic environment and portfolio strategy
- Modeling within the team’s scope:
- Behavioural models: using relationships to economic variables & customer’s payment behaviour to predict their payment behaviour
- Budget models: using forecasted macroeconomic variables and anticipated portfolio strategy for Prospa’s annual budget
- Identify latest economic policy changes and understand how these impact the small business sector and consequently Prospa’s portfolio/models
- Recommend strategies for deployment into the Prospa Credit Decision Engine and portfolio management
- Present analysis and findings to a variety of stakeholders
- Collaborate across the broader business to communicate how risk impacts their activities.
What you'll need to succeed
- 3 + years of experience in a econometric modelling
- Passionate about unsecured SME / personal lending
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following;
- Forecast modelling for economic scenario testing & budgeting
- Behavioural modelling
- Able to analyse economic trends in order to generate insights for portfolio management
- Ability to work independently, generate ideas, and challenge the status quo
- Ability to communicate findings to a variety of stakeholders
- An understanding of the consumer or small business lending process
- Ability to apply your quantitative background in the “real world” economic environment (e.g. unemployment, interest rates etc)
- Databricks / R / Python / SAS / MATLAB programming or similar experience with a keen interest in learning new technologies
What's nice to have
- An undergraduate econometric, postgraduate study
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
Salary on offer is between $90,000 to $96,000 plus super based on experience.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.