Prospa’s success is driven by its people. Their diversity, curiosity, skills and passion are the foundations for building an amazing company that puts our small business customers first. Our team is dedicated to achieving outstanding results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values are: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team; and these inform how we think and act every day.
Prospa provides cash flow products and services that help small businesses across Australia and New Zealand to prosper and grow. To date we’ve helped over 20,000 unique small business customers with almost $1.2 billion in loans.
We are the #1 online lender to small business in Australia. In the past year we listed on the ASX, helped develop the AFIA Code of Lending Practice for our category, expanded into New Zealand and launched two new products.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
Reporting to Prospa’s Group Head of Corporate Affairs, you will be working closely with our General Counsel, CEO’s, business heads and people leaders to get the job done!
You will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Affairs team in formulating Prospa’s regulatory strategy in relation to Prospa's business model, current and planned product offerings and industry sector. You will represent Prospa externally with regulatory authorities and uphold our reputation, and advise senior leadership on legal matters relating to regulation.
This will include owning, coordinating and preparing document packages for regulatory submissions to ensure alignment and compliance with multi product and multi geographical requirements. In addition, you will ensure Prospa’s policies and processes are aligned with existing regulation and minimising the organisation's exposure to regulatory risk.
Key responsibilities include
- Work with the Group Head of Corporate Affairs and other relevant stakeholders to formulate Prospa’s regulatory strategy
- Contribute to the formulation of responses to queries by regulatory authorities
- Be hands on to provide expertise in translating requirements into practical, workable plans.
- Be confident in recommending changes to ensure alignment with statutory or regulatory requirements.
- Planning and delivery of training to sales and marketing teams on regulatory requirements.
- Planning and preparing submissions in support of Prospa’s consultation participation across relevant topics.
- Adapting or crafting technical dossiers appropriate for market submissions, coordinating support from internal stakeholders and working and regulatory authorities where applicable.
- Evaluating industry sentiment and provide advisory guidance for Prospa’s senior management team to remain on top of all regulatory change, regulator enforcement and provide guidance.
- Working closely with Prospa’s Risk Management Team to keep core regulatory policy front of mind throughout Prospa’s Enterprise Risk Management framework.
- Preparing monthly reports and advisory papers.
- Informing the organisation about new or changing regulations/trends in Prospa’s chosen markets, pro-actively analyse the impact on the business and propose implementation plan options.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong experience and understanding of the Australian (and New Zealand desirable) regulatory system, some experience managing relationships with Government and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to contribute to the development and implementation of strategies to influence regulatory and policy decisions that support commercial and customer requirements.
- Experience in and knowledge of financial services, commercial lending and/or asset finance regulation and/or policy.
- Proven ability to build and harness constructive working relationships with regulators, policy-makers and other relevant stakeholders;
- Experience advising business leaders on regulatory issues and strategy;
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of a complex issue and engage across the business to achieve change.
- Ability to deconstruct complex issues into a form that can be effectively communicated.
- Strong business acumen, understanding of and dedication to support Prospa’s operational, commercial and strategic imperatives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to represent and advocate Prospa’s company and regulatory strategy and perspectives externally to regulators; and policy-makers and other external stakeholders to achieve desired regulatory outcomes.
- Genuine engagement, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Familiarity with current and emerging technologies relating to Cloud and the surrounding policy environments, or have the ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business implications of legislative instruments and how it relates to effective internal policy.
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, and understand and communicate business and policy implications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated political, analytical, communications and government relations skills.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Direct experience working in financial services / technology environments.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time