At Prospa, we’re changing the way small businesses experience finance. Founded in 2012, we’ve now delivered more than $500m to over 12,000 small business owners throughout Australia. We’ve been the fastest growing tech company in Australia, won a Telstra Best Medium Business Award and now we’re #2 in the AFR Fast100. We’ve also been awarded AON Hewitt Employer of the Year in 2017.
Since launch, PR has been a key part of shaping Prospa’s narrative. Having been featured in publications such as the AFR, The Australian, SMH, The Times and a host of trade publications, we have generated a lot of our earlier traction from word of mouth.
In this brand new role, you will be responsible for building and executing the media relations strategy to financial, small business and trade media audiences. It will be your mission to make Prospa a well-known name across Australia and NZ for small business owners.
This role will focus on building PR strategies to generate buzz and awareness of Prospa. This role develops and executes PR strategies for all BAU activities including product launches, tech and industry initiatives, brand building exercises, executive profiles, talent acquisition, customer stories, promotions and events. This role would also provide support to Prospa’s advocacy in the fintech space, as well as voice and content across our social media channels, and on investor relations activities as required.
- Represent Prospa’s brand, values and present our story to media, tailoring the narrative to suit different audiences
- Use substantial existing media relationships and build new contacts in tier 1 and 2 publications
- Develop a media relations and PR strategy to secure placement in print, broadcast and online media to meet agreed metrics
- Support internal spokespeople to represent Prospa through interviews and public speaking
- Support advocacy goals in relation to fintech initiatives like open banking
- Coordinate all inbound media enquiries, interview and speaking requests
- Lead development of customer case studies
- Monitor media mentions and performance, and provide reporting to key partners
- Craft press releases, fact sheets, blog articles, award submissions etc.
- Support Prospa’s internal and external event program, including workshops and community initiatives.
The key activities include
- You're a PR professional with a minimum of 5+ years experience in a PR/comms role - either in-house or at an agency - across the full gamut from strategy and campaign development to pitching and placing stories
- You have extraordinary written and verbal communication skills - you get your point across in a clear, concise way that’s easy for anyone to understand. Your attention to detail is magnificent.
- You are a strategic thinker, able to understand Prospa’s higher-level objectives and execute strategies and campaigns to support them. You’ll need to be as comfortable making snap tactical decisions and judgements
- You remain calm under pressure and able to juggle a range of important, contending priorities. You’ll be able to handle your own day-to-day schedule, and know what to do when you’ve got an event on, people waiting on your feedback, and a journalist on the line needing something ASAP
- You have a phenomenal ability to deal with a wide range of partners - journalists, other team members, company leaders, investors, and Prospa’s community.
Just some of the things that we can offer you:
- We offer you the rare opportunity to shape and contribute to a flourishing business
- We are a highly engaged team with excellent perks and an awesome work space
- We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, creative and respectful environment.
- We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
- We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
Come and join our team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to our ongoing success, please apply now.