Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small businesses in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently over 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join us, one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture.
We are driven by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019!
At Prospa, we use deep understanding of user behavior, advanced data analytics and an experimentation culture to create innovative products that keeps small businesses moving. Product Managers at Prospa own critical areas of the product offering and are critical in the success of Prospa as a brand and business.
As a Product Manager in Intelligent Decisioning at Prospa you will work very closely with Engineering, the broader Product team, and the business units (sales, marketing, customer service, risk, credit, compliance) to bring products to life all the way from concept to launch. You will bridge the technical and business worlds. You will need the ability to break down complex problems into smaller chunks and use it to drive product development.
You will drive product development for our credit decisioning services: key back-end services in driving how we grow our top line while mitigating risk from credit events. You will become a domain expert in Credit Risk and build empathy and understanding for your customer and their business. You will guide product plans from creation through detailed execution with an agile engineering team. You will design product strategy, create a great user experience in complex financial flows, and will gain exposure to a wide range of challenges. This is a high impact role that involves cross-functional partnership with Sales, Risk, Credit, Legal, Treasury, and Finance as well as close collaboration with other product areas.
What you will be doing
- Work with Product, Engineering and cross-functional stakeholders to understand business goals, user problems, business metrics and strategy.
- Work very closely with the Risk and Credit teams to find solutions, optimise systems and processes to bring amazing solutions to our customers.
- Think as a platform by supporting other product teams in their efforts to achieve their goals.
- Work with engineers to build and launch new capabilities and platform features as well as optimize existing features.
- Collaborate with Engineering leads to manage technical projects, track progress towards milestones, and keep tabs on all the moving parts of agile planning and development cycles.
- Help to define the vision and strategy for credit decisioning.
- Work with our data and analytics team to understand platform/product metrics and consumer behaviour with respect to your products.
- Reviewing technology performance and managing feature releases.
What you'll need to succeed
- Skilled at understanding systems, and working with business and technical stakeholders to improve and evolve them.
- Strong technical abilities and able to work closely with engineers, diving deep into technical solutions.
- Passion for data, analytics and algorithms with an ability to use technical data analysis tools (including SQL).
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of working experience.
- 2+ years working in a product role in a dynamic product centric organization(s) where products are developed in an agile and lean way.
What's nice to have
- Experience in financial technology development or credit decisioning desired.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.