Prospa’s success is driven by its people. Their diversity, curiosity, skills and passion are the foundations for building an amazing company that puts our small business customers first.
Prospa provides cash flow products and services that help small businesses across Australia and New Zealand to prosper and grow. To date we’ve helped over 20,000 unique customers with almost $1.2 billion in loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently 250 strong.
Our team is dedicated to achieving outstanding results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values are: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team; and these inform how we think and act every day.
This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
As Payroll Manager you will be responsible for end to end delivery of the payroll function. You will handle all payroll processing duties and will provide assistance to both the People and Culture, and Accounting teams when necessary. You must be committed to accuracy in all transactions. You are a professional who cares about our Employees’ payroll experience and satisfaction.
- Process fortnightly Australian and monthly New Zealand employee payroll payments accurately and on time.
- Ensuring all commission reports, time sheets, payroll changes, records and other related material is received prior to close of payroll run.
- Calculate and deduct appropriate amounts from payroll, including tax withholdings and other garnishments.
- Assisting with the preparation, balancing and reconciliation of the following: payroll tax, PAYG tax and FBT, superannuation, annual group certificates, workers compensation premiums and authorised payroll deductions.
- Accurate preparation of workers' compensation returns, payroll tax returns and other payroll related returns as required.
- Maintaining pay records, employee records, leave records and related information.
Providing details of organisational superannuation contributions as processed through the payroll.
- Maintaining accurate department and team locations by employee to ensure accurate headcount reporting.
- Calculating termination pays as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of management reports based upon information within the payroll system.
- Contribute in the design, documentation, implementation and employee adoption of Prospa’s new payroll system and procedures.
- Provide information and documents as requested from the People and Culture team.
Liaising with external auditors.
- Resolving/answering queries relating to payroll across the company.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Solid background in payroll, with at least 4 – 6 years relevant experience. May have tertiary qualifications in Finance or Accounting.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of payroll procedures, organisational structures, Awards and organisational policies.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in respect of PAYG, FBT, and payroll tax.
- Tact, diplomacy, discretion and assertiveness in applying policy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Elmo Payroll will be highly advantageous.
COME AND JOIN THE TEAM
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.