Prospa is Australia's #1 online lender to small businesses.
We are a visionary FinTech leader that changes the lives of under-serviced small business owners in Australia. We build innovative and easy to use financial products that help small businesses achieve their dreams, by providing fast and easy funding pathways around their business challenges.
We are proud to say that on our journey so far we have helped over 15,000 small business customers across Australia, injecting over 750 million dollars into the Australian economy, and counting.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers - We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
5* Trustpilot Customer Rating (9.8/10)
Be Bold, Open and Real - Have the courage to take smart risks.
Winner - 2017 FinTech Australia ‘Finnie’ Award for ‘Best Leaders’
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Winner - 2018 Financial Times High-Growth Companies (Asia Pacific)
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Winner - 2015 Deloitte Tech Fast 50 (Almost 7000% growth in three years)
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
Winner - 2017 Fintech Business Awards ‘Lending Innovator’
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
4.7* Glassdoor Staff Happiness Rating & 2018 Aon Best Employer
Our Risk Insights & Solutions team is responsible for measuring, monitoring and controlling risks originating from the business. The key focus areas of the team are: building sophisticated risk rating systems for credit underwriting, pro-active portfolio management, credit risk reporting, enterprise wide risk management and audit.
As Operational Risk and Compliance Officer you will join the RI&S team providing operational risk management support across the business.
You will focus on identifying opportunities to improve processes and the associated controls with the objective of mitigating risk and improving operational and financial performance.
You will build strong and effective working relationships and encourage ongoing collaboration to support governance and compliance activities across the business. You will be responsible for identifying and promoting the processes and capabilities needed to detect and respond to process irregularities, as well as to prevent and mitigate operational risks. In this capacity you will gain valuable exposure to many areas within our business.
- Work with management (2nd line of defence) developing operational/compliance risk policies/standard and government frameworks
- Perform periodic risk assessments of existing processes to identify emerging risks, manage compliance, develop and support mitigation plans and control mechanisms to prevent fraud and other operational risks that negatively impact Prospa, our partners, and our customers
- Lead the development and reporting of operational key risk indicators and key performance indicators
- Lead compliance/gap analysis against policies and standards
- Develop control assurance program and perform control testing
- Train control owners and technical teams on controls, testing and risk management
- Lead the design review of business processes to help improve process effectiveness and efficiency
- Lead efforts in compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements
What you will need
- 3-5+ years experience in Enterprise, Strategic, Product or Operational Risk roles
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in business or finance, postgraduate study preferred
- An understanding of the consumer or small business lending process and regulatory compliance landscape
- Strong knowledge of Operational Risk Management Principles
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Join the success story
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please apply now.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect, CV's will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.