Prospa, Australia's #1 online lender to small businesses.
We are a visionary FinTech leader that changes the lives of under-serviced small business owners in Australia. We build innovative and easy to use financial products that help small businesses achieve their dreams, by providing fast and easy funding pathways around their business challenges.
We are proud to say that on our journey so far we have helped over 12,000 small business customers across Australia, injecting over half a billion dollars into the Australian economy, and counting.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
Obsess About Customers - We don’t just listen, we hear what’s important.
5* Trustpilot Customer Rating (9.8/10)
Be Bold, Open and Real - Have the courage to take smart risks.
Winner - 2017 FinTech Australia ‘Finnie’ Award for ‘Best Leaders’
Day 1 – We’re driven by the start-up mentality.
Winner - 2018 Financial Times High-Growth Companies (Asia Pacific)
Deliver Value Fast – We celebrate outcomes not process.
Winner - 2015 Deloitte Tech Fast 50 (Almost 7000% growth in three years)
Simplicity – The work of a true genius is making the complex simple.
Winner - 2017 Fintech Business Awards ‘Lending Innovator’
One Team – Success comes from embracing different perspectives.
4.6* Glassdoor Staff Happiness Rating & 2018 Aon Best Employer
As .Net Software Engineer you will be responsible for building fast, secure, scalable and maintainable applications that will make Prospa stand out from the crowd. You drive efficiencies within the business and play an integral part in attracting great customers and partners. You develop software that integrates with a myriad of internal and external systems, using cloud based microservices architectures. You will be versed in .NET framework and cloud technologies, especially PaaS and take ownership of DevOps responsibilities. You work closely with the Product, Design, and Front End teams potentially providing full stack capabilities where required.
What you do
- Creating efficient, scalable, secure and reusable software responding to time and technical constraints
- Code reviewing other team members work paying attention to patterns and practices of the team
- Presenting in product “grooming” sessions and stand-ups, contributing expertise where required
- Documentation and knowledge sharing
- Story break down with focus on simplicity providing negotiation for sweating the right details to ensure short feedback loops to our customers
- Hosting architecture and design sessions where required to explain the system being developed
- Sharing experience and knowledge openly with the team
- Championing the voice of the customer through collection of metrics to support validated learning of design and product assumptions
- Ensuring that systems have the correct level of logging and monitoring to support our customers in times of need
- Keeping abreast of technology changes and keeping Prospa on the leading but not bleeding edge of the technical landscape
- .NET Framework 3+ years
- One or more of the following Agile principles (Scrum, Kanban, XP), TDD, BDD 3+ years
- Continuous Integration + Continuous Deployment 2+ years
- Cloud based development in AWS or Azure, preferably in PaaS 2+ years
- SQL Server, understand development and migration strategies 2+ years
- SOLID principles, understand and support through code review 2+ years
- Continuous Delivery 1+ years
- Git + Workflows to support code review and release of software 1+ year
- Architectural patterns with exposure to a product that contained either Microservices, Message-Based Architecture, Event Based Architecture, CQRS and Event Sourcing 1+ year
- Infrastructure automation experience: ARM, EBS, CloudFormation, Puppet or Chef 1+ year
- Customer-centric with an experimental mindset
- Creative problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Takes ownership of software delivery
- Willing to help others and share knowledge
- Balances long-term thinking with short term outcomes
- Engaged to feedback
Join the success story
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please apply now.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CV's will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.