Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date we’ve helped over 20,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently 210 strong.
This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
As a Credit Risk Analytics Manager, you will be leading a team of risk analysts in achieving key strategic objectives such as taking a lead role in the end-to-end credit lifecycle, building risk decision models, sharpening credit risk policies, strengthening the expected loss models, stress testing, maintaining an effective control environment & continuously evolving the risk appetite.
We are a rapidly growing lender looking for someone with management experience, loves to tackle technical problems, and a strong understanding of the lending business to help us create elegant solutions to optimise our return on risk. Our ideal candidate wants to grow as a risk professional, expand their understanding of credit risk strategy in the small business space, and develop cutting-edge solutions to real world problems.
Key responsibilities include
- Build and lead a team of talented mathematicians & risk professionals
- Research, investigate, develop, manage & put forth improved initiatives for the credit decision process in both the current and new product landscapes
- Develop strategies for deploying changes into the Prospa Credit Decision Engine
- Identify opportunities for improvement to the customer credit lifecycle
- Analyse, build, respond to and extract insights on the impact of business changes to the performance of the portfolio.
- Understand and provide insight on greater economic events that might drive risk measures such as delinquency.
- Build and manage credit risk measures at the portfolio level
What you'll need to succeed
- Proficient in mathematical & data management software tools such as Python, R, SQL, Databricks, and Spark
- Experience using large data to develop actionable insights; deep dives, segmentation etc.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline preferred (mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics, commerce, actuarial science).
- An understanding of how to develop, challenge and manage credit models
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to engage with senior leadership
- Industry qualifications such as FRM, PRM, or CFA desired
- An understanding of small business lending products.
- 5 + years of experience in a financial services business, with a proven track record applying mathematical techniques to business problems.
- Experience in risk management desired.
- Proven track record leading people.
- Results Driven Self-starter: Exemplary organizational skills coupled with a high degree of attention to detail and a proactive “can-do” attitude.
- Executes Perfectly & Takes Accountability for Actions: Excellent at executing agreed decisions without undue delay. Takes responsibility for own actions or decisions, regardless of outcomes or success.
- Fosters Teamwork, Collaboration & Respect for Others: Seeks and values diverse contributions, experiences and ideas of others. Flexible team player who thrives in fast-paced environments and can work autonomously.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time