This is a hybrid role if you are located in Sydney OR a remote role if you are located outside of our Sydney Hub.
We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
The [email protected] team is responsible for providing the business with insights that allow commercial value to be realised through data-driven insights and decisions. We are cloud native, have all the latest tooling and are constantly reviewing and refining our platform in order to offer the best experience to our consumers and ensure our team keeps their skills current and relevant. Our team covers all aspects of data architecture, from influencing solutions across the organisation to creating data processing frameworks and tooling to support the entire business.
As our Data Engineering Manager, you will be accountable for ensuring we design our systems, flows and data platform eco-system in a way that enables data products, advances our analytical needs and supports company-wide reporting. These capabilities will increase Prospa’s competitive advantage whilst improving employee and customer experiences.
Ideally, you come from a technical background, have mentored and/or managed team members through technical thought leadership and have the ability to explain complex processes to senior stakeholder and have worked in modern cloud/data environments.
What you will be doing
- Manage and mentor a team of Prospa Data Engineers, whilst remaining a technical contributor
- Influence the organisation’s Data Architecture, through your team and your peers
- Extend and optimize our data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse, catering to our ever-growing set of data sources, with streaming and batch processing needs
- Support the creation of tools in Python or appropriate language, allowing the wider team to deliver value fast with precision
- Work closely with a diverse set of stakeholders to solve data and business problems with self-service and re-usability in mind
- Be responsible for the availability, reliability and data quality of our data platforms end-to-end
- Work closely with engineering, product and business stakeholders to prioritise technical tasks alongside business objectives
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience in technical leadership, mentoring and growing people
- Extensive experience in working with MSSQL, Databricks, Snowflakes, Airflow, Spark, Kafka and accompanying ecosystems
- Extensive knowledge in building enterprise data warehousing and data lakes
- Extensive knowledge in data modelling techniques and data workflow management
- Experience with Python and SQL
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Passion and leadership in data engineering, cloud, software development and security practices
- Experience with logical and physical data modelling in complex environments
- Agile development methodology
- Able to be semi-autonomous and pragmatic
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- Work with the latest technologies in the market
- Study allowance and paid learning days
- Join a team of passionate, diverse and talented Engineers
- Career development opportunities
- Flexibility (remote work on offer)
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Team and company wide social events
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?