We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As a Manager, Credit Risk Systems, you will be working closely across several cross-functional teams to support business initiatives and goals. Prospa has built a bespoke underwriting decisioning tool; the Credit Decision Engine (CDE), that has enabled Prospa to understand, support and help more customers whilst fast-tracking the process.
What you will be doing
- Take ownership of underwriting policies and procedures, and ensure alignment with business appetite
- Own the credit decision process, including levels of delegation and discretionary processes
- Act as an enabler/ driver in improvements to business practices, controls and opportunities whist mitigating any potential risks
- Ownership of the internal Credit Risk audit functions to ensure decisions meet our compliance and underwriting frameworks
- Consult and collaborate with key internal teams to help solve complex user problems ensuring solutions are viable and consistent
- Direct involvement in the CDE; proprietary underwriting tool is behaving as expected and is directly aligned to business appetite
- Manage an audit analyst to support you with the administration of rules, processes and best practices
What you’ll need to succeed
- Demonstrated success in a Credit Risk function either at a bank or fintech
- Effective communicator to support key stakeholders on credit underwriting policy, process, and procedures.
- A strong understanding of the customer lifecycle of consumers or small business lending.
- A strong understanding of credit underwriting, bank statement analysis, financial analysis for small-to-medium businesses or consumer lending.
- An understanding of Credit Risk Management practices; Expected Credit Loss (EAD, LGD, PD), delinquency metrics, scorecard modelling, etc., in user applications.
- An ability to generate ideas and challenge the status quo
- Databricks/ SQL skills are highly advantageous
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working (open to part time arrangements)
- Seasonal programs (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts…)
- Team and company wide social events
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities & study assistance
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Be a master of your own destiny. Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?