We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
Reporting to the General Counsel, you’ll interact with a range of teams to provide a broad scope of legal expertise. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with the Board and Audit & Risk Committee by providing company secretarial assistance.
You’ll have outstanding knowledge of laws, regulations, and obligations in the finance industry.
What you will be doing
- Providing day-to-day legal support, and partnering with, all areas of the business including product, funding, procurement, finance, marketing, technology, customer resolutions and sales teams
- Ongoing management of Australian product customer contracts
- Drafting and reviewing a range of commercial agreements including partnership agreements, services agreements, marketing materials, securitisation/ funding documentation, sales materials and training, NDAs and other documents as required
- Monitoring regulatory change and reporting to General Counsel on relevant matters
- Responsibility for legal aspects of Prospa policies and regulatory requirements
- Assistance in relation to company secretarial services
- Assistance with ongoing compliance obligations
- Preparation and delivery of legal training as requested
What you’ll need to succeed
- You are passionate, self-motivated and enjoy working in a high performing, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience either in-house or within a private practise across commercial law
- Australian qualified lawyer with a current practising certificate
- Experienced drafter with experience managing, negotiating, and documenting a variety of contractual arrangements
- Confidence and maturity to liaise with senior internal partners and Board members
- Highly organised with an eye for detail
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- A highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working
- Seasonal programs (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts…)
- Team and companywide social events
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities & study assistance
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Be a master of your own destiny. Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?