We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry to the next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As a Lead Engineer for Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), you will play a hands-on role in establishing and building Prospa’s SRE function. You are skilled at combining software and systems engineering to build and run scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. You will coach, mentor, and guide your fellow engineers in SRE best practices. You will help us recruit and train SRE engineers. You are skilled at managing production incidents, conducting blameless postmortems, and finding holistic solutions that would make Prospa stand out from the crowd.
What you will be doing
- Establish our SRE function and help build an effective and inclusive team.
- Provide technical leadership for our SRE team and work closely with other technical leads and engineering leads.
- Guide your fellow engineers on managing availability and performance of mission-critical services, building automation to prevent problem re-occurrence, and creating self-healing systems.
- Be an active and effective leader in designing key components, systems and features to improve the availability, scalability, performance (inc. latency) and efficiency of Prospa’s services.
- Lead the resolution of production incidents and conduct blameless postmortems.
- Lead project execution, effectively managing priorities, deadlines, dependencies, and deliverables in an Agile environment.
- Foster a healthy, safe, and inclusive environment for the team to thrive in and continuously improve.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Proven experience leading an SRE team for mission-critical customer-facing product(s).
- Experience leading and coordinating geographically distributed teams across different timezones and cultures.
- Proven ability to engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with lateral thinking.
- Skilled at designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems on Azure.
- Experienced in MS SQL, and one or more NoSQL databases.
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- A team of passionate, diverse, talented thought leaders in tech
- Modern tech stack environment with a cloud first approach
- A fast scaling tech organisation that is not afraid to invest in technology
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working (Remote AU work on offer)
- Summer @ Prospa (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts and a whole lot more)
- Team and companywide social events
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities and study assistance
- Study allowance and paid learning days
Check out our benefits and policies on WORK180!
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?