Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small businesses in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently over 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join us, one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture.
We are driven by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019!
Our small Portfolio team are challenged to build, implement, and manage the risk appetite monitoring and communication solutions at Prospa.
You will provide hands on development of infrastructure and analysis of risk measures across enterprise risk. This will include monitoring of solutions and operations pioneered by the risk team and hence requires a fundamental level of quantitative and/or analytical skills. You will need the acumen to understand the requirements in the context of the business and relevant stakeholders.
You will have an extensive working knowledge of SQL, R, Tableau, Databricks, and Snowflake to extract transform and load large data sets to produce visualisations and charts providing insights to the Head of Risk Solutions and Operations.
A key aspect of this role will be the governance, implementation, and updating of delinquency metrics. This will provide updates with reference to movements and changes within the scope of Enterprise risk and/or updates with reference to RIS metrics to key stakeholders.
What you will be doing
- Actively understand a business owner’s needs & requirements, whilst delivering outstanding levels of customer service.
- Engage with partners (both internal & external) to build value and provide outstanding outcomes for Prospa and our customers.
- Demonstrate track-record of balancing a full portfolio of accounts within a diverse portfolio.
- Capacity to have detailed financial conversations with business leaders, maintaining a high level of commercial understanding.
- Shown history of attaining & exceeding monthly targets & critical metrics.
What you'll need to succeed
- Governance of definitions and implementation of delinquency metrics.
- Confident ability to update stakeholders on changes/updates to definitions, calculations, and logic of delinquency metrics.
- Proactive curiosity to investigate changing product features and system updates impacting portfolio management and analysing the resultant impact.
- Ongoing communication, insights and discussions with key stakeholders as to changes in the portfolio or updates being made to RIS definitions/metrics/ and relevant reporting.
- Ability to engage with Risk Analytics team to implement accurate, reliable and effective monitoring of Model Risk.
- Previous robust governance experience across all RIS reporting, data sets, and infrastructure.
- Assessing and quantifying the impact of changes in risk settings/metrics/ or new risk solutions in the portfolio.
- Skilled at User Acceptance Testing of risk metrics across business platforms.
- Consolidating and mapping end to end monitoring framework of Credit Risk monitoring against the risk appetite.
- Ad hoc investigations/audits/ and validations of RIS measures.
- Ownership of data infrastructure and RIS definitions.
- Creation/validation/ and management of existing reports across geographies and products.
- Development of effective portfolio visualisations for monitoring.
- Working side by side with credit risk quantitative analysts to ensure new score calibration, impact and recalculation post scorecard/servicing implementation.
- Working with relevant teams to reconcile and validate outputs.
- Have a love for data, data manipulation and portfolio analysis.
- A bachelor’s degree or master’s in mathematics, data analytics, actuarial science, statistics, computer science, engineering, or related field.
- 2- 3 years of related experience or significant experience in the absence of a degree qualification.
- 2+ years in the financial services sector or related fields.
- Basic skill level in Python, SQL, R, or equivalent (preferably Databricks and/or Airflow as well).
- Experience with Tableau or other visualisation tools.
- Prior use of versioning tools such as GitHub is preferred but not required.
Come and join our team
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, creative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward phenomenal achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CV's will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.