We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry to the next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
The [email protected] team is responsible for assisting the business with analytic insights that allow operational and commercial decisions to be made. We are a diverse team of data engineers/analysts and data scientists that are in an exciting phase of growing our team!
We are currently looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join our team to drive the delivery of insights and introduce statistical models to support Prospa’s rapid growth!
Reporting to the Head of Data, you will develop new analytical capabilities to wield our competitive advantage, improve the employee experience and scalability across the board!
What you will be doing
- Identifying, classifying and prioritising modelling opportunities for feasibility, impact and technology requirements.
- Creating, deploying, operationalising and scaling models and decision engines and helping establish the required infrastructure, standards and governance.
- Producing commercially viable insights to uncover opportunities for growth and efficiencies.
- Working with senior leadership to ascertain value and ROI on modelling and implementation
- Engaging with stakeholders including our Product team to create business definitions, explain modelling processes and present outcomes.
- Working with Data Analysts and Data Engineers to visualise results and improve operational data issues at source.
- Creating scenario and financial models to describe ROI or risk etc.
- Working with technology and data vendors to expand the data science capabilities of Prospa.
- Implementing, maturing and maintaining a positive data culture within the organisation in tandem with the Head of Data and broader [email protected]
- Mentoring others on the practical aspects of modelling techniques and exposing them to new thinking, in the real world.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Track record of adding value and implementing robust and scalable models.
- Strong understanding and breadth of practical data science methodologies such as clustering, regression, decision trees or rules.
- Strong technical skills in two or more of the following: SQL, Python, R
- Understand machine learning engineering practices including training, deployment, monitoring, integration and coding standards.
- Proven experience in taking a prototype into something that can be deployed, executed and monitored as part of a real-time decision engine.
- Ability to work in a collaborative workspace (notebooks).
- Familiar with leveraging Data Lakes and Data Warehousing, ideally in Azure Cloud architecture.
- Understanding of version control and related software i.e.
- Able to analyse data, present and communicate findings and generate recommendations and insights.
- Strong commercial acumen and focus on delivering business outcome.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and articulate complex information
- Proven capability to source information from multiple sources / create complex behavioural logic.
- Ability work with disparate or poor data quality and volume with a pragmatic and agile
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and be known to invest the time to understand the business and develop yourself and the Prospa community.
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- A team of passionate, diverse, talented thought leaders in tech
- Modern tech stack environment with a cloud first approach
- A fast scaling tech organisation that is not afraid to invest in technology
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working (Remote AU work on offer)
- Winter @ Prospa (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts and a whole lot more)
- Team and companywide social events
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities and study assistance
- Study allowance and paid learning days
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?