Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently over 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work and a Great Place to Work in 2019.
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will be part of our Data Engineering team. You will be responsible for extending and optimizing our data platform and architecture to provide a reliable and trustworthy data as a service offering. Your work will ensure our data pipelines are running efficiently, our enterprise data lakes and data warehouses are up to date and operating reliably, and data is presented to our analysts, scientists, and stakeholders in an easy-to-use, trustworthy, and self-serviceable manner.
Key responsibilities include
- Extend and optimize our information models to meet BI and Data Science needs. In addition, our data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse. Cater to our ever-growing set of data sources, with streaming and batch processing needs.
- Drive the adoption of leading practices and suitable technologies in developing end-to-end data solutions within Prospa’s cloud environment.
- Partner closely with a diverse set of stakeholders to solve data and business problems with self-service and re-usability in mind.
- Be accountable for the availability, reliability and data quality of our data platforms end-to-end.
- Drive the quality, surfacing data and metrics to guide development, quality and availability.
- Mentor Prospa Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analyst through peer programming, effective code reviews, and delivering feedback.
- Engage closely with engineering, product and business partners to prioritise technical tasks alongside business objectives.
What you'll need to succeed
- 8+ years Data Engineering experience.
- Extensive experience in working with MSSQL, Databricks, Snowflakes, Airflow, Spark, Kafka and accompanying ecosystems (or similar).
- Extensive knowledge in building enterprise data warehousing and data lakes.
- Extensive knowledge in data modelling techniques and data workflow management.
- Experience in working with Linux-based systems, NoSQL databases and data structures.
- Passion and leadership in data engineering, cloud, software development and security practices.
- Experienced with cloud platforms, preferably Azure, in an enterprise environment.
Come and Join Our Team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.