Prospa is driven by its people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers – where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. Our values: obsess about customers; deliver value fast; day 1; simplicity; be bold, open and real; and one team, inform how we think and act every day. We are also recognised as an AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2017 and 2018 and a FINNIES Best Fintech Place to Work.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date we’ve helped over 24,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $1.2 billion in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its thriving team, currently 250 strong.
This represents an outstanding opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest-growing Fintech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
The Head of People Operations is responsible for overall operational aspects of the People and Culture Team. Working side-by-side the EGM of People and Culture, you will provide day to day and thought leadership on all operational aspects, and work with the business to deliver meaningful improvements to the lives of our people at Prospa.
It will provide opportunities to bring creativity and an ambitious approach by actively experimenting with new and different ways, always searching for the most progressive and solution that are fit for purpose. Continuing to seek and listen to feedback, create and implement forward-focused strategies and inclusive solutions for our employees is a critical component of this role.
Liaising with multiple teams across People & Culture and across organisation, this role is a collaborator who takes a huge amount of pride in their work and in leading a function that will have an impact on our people and ultimately our customer experience.
- Own the end-to-end People Operations function across our Australia and New Zealand offices, and our partners in the Philippines, providing day to day leadership.
- Deliver on our promise to our employees by embedding a great experience into people operations, making the lives of our people better through system and process innovation.
- Deliver on key regular activities during the year, including performance management cycle and remuneration reviews.
- Create a strategy to evolve our systems and processes throughout the year and execute those plans with the resources you have. Ensure that people operations experiences support our priorities, strategies and brand.
- Lead on P&C projects to deliver change both to people and culture (processes, tools, systems) and rest of the organisation.
- Perform and manage employee relations activities in Australia, New Zealand, and with our partners in the Philippines, including handling promotions, terminations and redundancies directly and through the people advisors.
- Use data, tools and creative solutions to measure the effectiveness of your work and of people at Prospa more broadly. Measure, report, and take action on key people metrics, using data to help drive important people decisions and to inform executives and others.
- Deeply engage with the work and be an advocate for the team’s agenda and brand.
- Lead the people advisors and ensure you role model our values.
- Partner and advise P&C team and the Prospa leadership team. Engage closely and partner with stakeholders from across Prospa.
- Use a collaborative approach to projects and problems, engaging the expertise of the team and partnering with the stakeholders across Prospa to deliver great outcomes.
- Be a champion for diversity and inclusion across Prospa by embedding these values into our operations.
- Be hands-on with all of the above as necessary.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Passion for and solid experience crafting people operational processes
- Experience planning and executing people and culture programs and following through on those plans to completion.
- Proven ability to influence and build strong relationships: this role is highly visible and needs to be able to collaborate with all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills – strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, comfortable writing clear, polished comms in a variety of channels
- Ability to maintain your composure, accept feedback, and deliver in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrable experience as an excellent self-starter and in follow-through – experience working successfully with autonomy
- People management experience
- Experience managing budgets is preferred
- Change management experience is preferred
- Focuses on the Customer: Ability to build trust and respect with stakeholders
- Excellent communications and presentation skills: Ability to establish immediate rapport with partners, customers and related industry representatives and become a trusted advisor
- Results Driven Self-starter: Exemplary organisational skills coupled with a high degree of attention to detail and a proactive “can-do” attitude.
- Executes Perfectly & Takes Accountability for Actions: Excellent at executing agreed decisions without undue delay. Takes responsibility for own actions or decisions, regardless of outcomes or success.
- Fosters Teamwork, Collaboration & Respect for Others: Seeks and values diverse contributions, experiences and ideas of others. Flexible team player who thrives in fast-paced environments and is able to work autonomously.
COME AND JOIN THE TEAM
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please hit ‘apply’.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer, we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies at this time.