At Prospa, we exist to unleash the potential of every small business. We are building the future of small business and simplifying cashflow by building a leading platform that helps customers make payments, fund growth and reduce admin.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you’ll lead a talented Compliance team and champion Prospa’s risk and compliance culture. You will be responsible for the effectiveness of Prospa’s Enterprise Risk Framework, managing risk categories such as AML/CTF, Privacy, Fraud Prevention, Financial Crime and Operational controls.
If you’re a hands-on leader, who isn’t afraid to experiment and challenge the status quo – please keep reading.
What you will be doing
- Lead, coach and develop a team of compliance officers
- Development, maintenance, and monitoring of Prospa’s Enterprise Risk Framework
- Collaborate with diverse teams across the business and influence outcomes to maximise the effectiveness of Prospa’s Enterprise Risk Framework, and protect our partners and customers
- Increase the profile of the team and act as a SME and business partner to Prospa
- Ensure business wide compliance through training, internal reviews, subject matter knowledge sharing and general oversight
- Drive effective and timely management of risk incidents and breach reporting processes
- Work with external parties including auditors and regulators to ensure items raised are monitored and reported on
- Provision relevant reports for Board and Management
- Implement risk and control matrices commensurate with the overall risk appetite
- Enhance the Privacy Risk & Controls frameworks
- Lead the design review of business processes to help improve process effectiveness and efficiency
- Lead efforts in closing out operational risk incidents
- Lead the quarterly Enterprise Risk Profile analysis and reporting process
What you’ll need to succeed
- A hands on, people first approach to leadership
- Demonstrated expertise in Enterprise, Strategic, Product, Financial Crime, or Operational Risk roles in the banking, finance or payments sector
- An understanding of the consumer or small business lending process and regulatory compliance landscape
- Strong knowledge of Operational Risk Management Principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage through influence and collaborate with stakeholders at every level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application.
What we offer:
As a busy grow getter, our benefits are here to help you be unstoppable in your mission. Whether it’s a lofty career goal, investing in your family, saving the planet or simply feeling fulfilled:
- Growth: There’s something for everyone including learning days, a learning allowance, leadership programs, performance coaching & digital learning
- Wellbeing: Think fitness initiatives, seasonal programs (including massages, skin checks, family picnics and coffee carts), additional “Me Days” and access to holistic EAP coaching.
- Lifestyle: Find your fit with flexible working options, top notch office facilities and diverse remote/ travel work options. You can also purchase additional leave and take up to 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Impact: Join a business that has committed to becoming carbon neutral by June 2024. And you can tap into volunteer days, our partnership with Kiva and join a range of employee resource groups.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking. You’ll find an environment where there’s always something new around the corner. It’s collaborative, inclusive and respectful. A place where we celebrate who you are, naturally.
We’re building the future of small business finance. Join us!