Prospa is Australia's #1 online lender to small businesses. We are a visionary FinTech leader that changes the lives of under-serviced small business owners in Australia.
Prospa helps small businesses across Australia achieve their dreams, by creating an alternate funding pathway when traditional finance is not available. To date we’ve helped over 18,000 unique small business customers across Australia with over $920 million in small business loans.
Prospa has established itself as a clear #1 online lender to small business in Australia and current growth trajectories see the business continuing to invest in its rapidly growing team, currently 200 strong. This represents a unique opportunity to join one of Australia's most exciting and fastest growing FinTech businesses with an awesome culture and plenty of further growth.
Prospa is extremely passionate about its people. Their diversity, skills, and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers. Our people, in turn, are driven by our values.
At Prospa, our design team spans the disciplines of product design, marketing & graphic design and brand design. We also take a human centred approach and as such, our design team also spans user-research and HCD skills. We consider each touchpoint with our customers — whether it’s a mobile app, a television campaign, window sign, or an email — to be part of the same customer journey. As such, our design teams considers that complete customer experience. We’re passionate about building a unified design organisation to provide a deeply comprehensive customer experience.
To enable this, we're looking for an experienced design leader to grow our remarkable design capability. At Prospa, you'll set our strategic design vision and build the capability to deliver it.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the role of design in solving complex, real-world problems through intentional, human user experiences. You'll love mentoring talented designers and collaborating more broadly with a variety of roles across several fast paced Product teams.
What is the opportunity?
- Be the voice of design across Prospa to create a design culture that is contagious throughout the business
- Build our long term vision for how customers interact with Prospa’s products and services and create an enviable design capability to get us there
- This will encompass creating a clear design strategy and roadmap to support the customer, product and marketing vision
- Develop our design practices and methodologies to help us swiftly ship engaging and cohesive product experiences
- Establish and monitor team performance and development goals
- Foster Prospa to be a design destination by growing our external design profile and mentoring our designers
- Embed a process to collect and validate early ideas and underdeveloped concepts, turning them into actionable projects and designs for the team to execute. This will be driven by customer research and feedback as well as competitive research and data to inform direction and problem to solve.
What skills will your bring to the team?
- Demonstrated experience leading a design team and ideally experience in scaling teams
- Ability to influence at the executive level and across the broader organisation
- Experience mentoring designers and growing design capability
- Deep customer empathy and experience applying User Experience patterns and practices across multiple cross-functional product teams
- Ability to work directly with a variety of roles including Product Management, Design, Front End Engineering, Sales and Customer Success
- You will be able to create the team infrastructure to manage multiple product launches, marketing efforts, and growth strategies simultaneously
- Develop clear and compelling career paths for our existing and future designers.
If you’re excited by the opportunity to work in a fast growing start-up, where there’s plenty of opportunities to help shape the world of work, please get in touch.