Why this role exists
This is a newly built role for a Head of Data and Insights, who will lead and develop an extraordinary team, further strengthening Prospa’s analytical approach to provide internal staff and partners with impactful, actionable insights and tools. This role is the key to enabling Prospa to harness the insights from data, infusing analytics across the business and unlocking value from Prospa's data and analytics assets.
In order to succeed, you will need to successfully drive the development, implementation and communication of a data strategy that is deeply connected to client and partner needs for information analytics using modern data technology and governance.
Reporting into the Chief Product Officer, you will cover key aspects ranging across business intelligence, data analytics and data science. You will be able to demonstrate deep experience across the above-mentioned disciplines and also build data warehouse capabilities comprising multiple data sets.
- Having strong executive presence with the ability to articulate the Data Strategy to senior leadership and adjust priorities based on demand and need.
- Providing technical thought leadership to relevant multi-functional teams with the latest data and insights industry trends.
- Evangelising the creative use of data to drive insights and new approaches to solving business and customer problems.
- Demonstrable ability to implement a Data Governance model and supporting structure including working within data classification requirements.
- Experience leading data security and customer privacy preferable.
- Ability to partner with Business teams to drive improved performance and quality
- Strong leadership skills with an emphasis on building good teams and relationships including the evaluation and improvement recommendations of the current data team organisation.
- Ability to lead, develop and expand a team of data scientists, business intelligence/analytic and data strategists as well as data engineers.
What we're looking for in our Head of Data & Insights at Prospa
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Master’s/ PHD preferred
- 10+ years leading a Data team or organisation
- Finance experience preferred
You will have the capability to lead data and analytical resources, to drive business requirements for meaningful data platforms to enable big-data analytics, business intelligence reporting, machine learning, predictive modelling and critical decision optimisation.
Prospa is Australia’s #1 online lender to small businesses and our bold vision is to change the way small business owners experience finance.
We are inspired by our people. Their diversity, skills and passion are the foundation of what we deliver to our customers - where employees are dedicated to achieving stellar results and exceeding customer expectations. We love our newly launched values of 'obsess about customers', 'be bold, open and real', 'deliver value fast', 'simplicity' and 'one team', as they guide our thoughts and actions every single day.
Come and join our team
If you can see yourself at Prospa and feel you can contribute to the ongoing success of our company, please apply now.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are, recognise & reward great achievements, and actively provide our people the same great experience we provide our customers.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
With the greatest respect, CVs will not be accepted from recruitment agencies for this position