We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry to the next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
The [email protected] team is responsible for providing the business with insights that allow commercial value to be realised through data driven insights and decisions.
As a Finance/Data Analyst, you will work directly with our Financial Planning &Analysis team (FP&A) and bring specific financial domain knowledge to the team, contributing to Prospas’ growth by providing high quality, meaningful, digestible reporting and data analysis services to support data driven decisions, whilst improving self-service and positive data culture.
As part of the [email protected] team, you will support the development of our data products, co-developing their definitions and metrics, producing dashboards and visualisations as well as presenting your analysis to key internal teams and stakeholders.
What you will be doing:
- Leverage your knowledge in data & analytics to drive improved financial performance for Prospa
- Automate financial reports and analytics efficiently and effectively
- Analyse our data, validate quality, and investigate issues or identify opportunities to meet business needs.
- Build and develop meaningful reporting and insights using appropriate tooling specifically for the long-term needs of the FP&A Team
- Produce and present meaningful, digestible, fit for purpose reporting and analysis to stakeholders.
- Extend and develop data models/products that support data solutions into our products and operations.
- Assist and educate business teams in adopting a self-service model organisation wide
- Work with your Data Analyst, Data Engineering, Data Science peers and the broader analytics function to implement and drive data driven decisions
- Continuously support and drive a positive data culture
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Demonstrated experience in financial reporting (actual/budget/forecast) and products such as amortising loans
- Demonstrated experience contributing to setting up a financial reporting and planning system for an ASX listed company would be advantageous but not essential
- 3-5 years of data analysis and visualization experience including aesthetic design, and development for business unit self-service, specifically in the finance domain.
- Practical knowledge of core Tableau Desktop and Server features and experience working in a data platform environment.
- Knowledge of operating in cloud environments, Azure, Databricks and Snowflake would be desirable but not essential.
- A good understanding of data modelling, SQL best practices and Python would be an advantage.
- Good written and verbal communication skills covering business and technical concepts.
- Active participant in workshops, training and gathering requirements from diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to learn quickly across technologies, people, business and, supported by your team, be a self-starter.
- Ability to develop and present arguments for change through data, tooling, or process
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application. We’d love to hear from you and see if this could be a great match.
What we offer
- Highly competitive incentive scheme
- Flexible ways of working
- Winter @ Prospa (think free days off, themed events, swag, massages, coffee carts and a whole lot more)
- Team and companywide social events
- Volunteer leave and paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities and study assistance
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?