We’re a passionate team of brilliant achievers, and together we’re using technology to take the small business finance industry next level. Our mission is to keep small businesses moving – with smart cash flow solutions right when they need them. Supporting them through ups and downs. Making their lives easier. Helping them Prosper.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you are responsible for leading a team of Software Engineers that will make Prospa stand out from the crowd. You will coach and mentor your team, drive the team’s technical strategy and roadmap, ensure quality, manage priorities, and play an integral part in attracting great customers and partners to Prospa. Your success will be the combination of your efforts, and your team’s ability to meet their goals under your guidance.
What you will be doing
- Support and manage your team of software engineers, some of whom will be distributed globally.
- Partner with designers, and work closely with Product Managers as part of an agile squad leadership team.
- Engage with designers and
- Guide the team in honing the best software development practices, technical design and implementation to be successful.
- Be a mentor for the engineering team. You will spend much more time reading code than writing it. You will identify the strengths of each team member, and foster the environment that allows them to play to those strengths.
- Be responsible for the delivery and implementation of projects, using Agile methodologies and mindset.
- Help recruit and hire the best software engineers.
- Work with various departments to understand business requirements and translate them into technical needs and actions.
- Be the champion voice of the customer using metrics, while accounting for privacy, security, design and product considerations.
- Keep abreast of technology changes whilst keeping Prospa on the leading edge of the landscape.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 1+ year of experience managing software engineers in a product/technology company
- A minimum of 5 years software development experience
- Good knowledge of one or more object-oriented language (e.g. JAVA, .NET, etc)
- Proven experience in Agile (e.g. Scrum/Kanban/XP)
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD), or Behavioural Driven Development (BDD)
- Understanding the benefits and use cases for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery
- Cloud based development in AWS or Azure, preferably in PaaS
- Git + Workflows to support code review and release of software
- Architectural patterns with exposure to a product that contained one or a combination of Microservices, Message-Based Architecture, Event Based Architecture, CQRS and Event Sourcing.
What we offer
- Work with the latest technologies – we work with the best tech in the market
- Study allowance and paid learning days
- Career development opportunities
- Flexibility (remote work on offer)
- Bonuses and stock options
- Volunteer leave & paid parental leave
- Team and company wide social events
- A chance to be a part of one of Australia’s fastest scaling tech organisations
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking and provide a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and respectful environment. We celebrate who you are and actively provide our employees the same great experience we provide our customers.
It’s super exciting every day. Always moving. Always something new around the corner. And we’ve only just cracked the surface.
Open the door. Feel the buzz. Want in?